Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any additional information.
Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Sandra Swain has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Sandra Swain has the following 7 expertise
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
Dr. Sandra Swain has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 25
I have nothing but great things to say about Dr. Swain. She is very knowledgeable in every sense of the word. She has been the only doctor that was able to help with my severe panic disorder. She goes out of her way to help me and my family . She is always prompt and has a great bedside manner. I'm very fortunate to have her as my therapist
Have been seeing Dr. Swain Valpey for a long time. Wouldn't go anywhere else. She's a great doctor and very flexible with scheduling appointments. Once she drove 2.5 hours round trip from her home on a Saturday just so she could see me at a urgent time. I was her only patient scheduled for that day. She's dedicated and she knows her stuff. Please don't pay attention to remarks made by one angry patient out of hundreds of happy and satisfied patients!
Dr Swain has truly saved my family and my marraige. She is very kind, considerate, and a very passionate person. My husband refused to seek help for his condition. When I was finally able to convince him to see Dr Swain our lives began to change. It took some time, but what a difference she made in our lives. My marriage has never been better and my family has never been happier. He continues to see her on a regular basis and feels so confortable talking to her. It was so hard to get him there, now he enjoys going. Dr. Swain has truly been a blessing! PTL!!!!
Dr. Swain is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Advocate Christ Medical Center
29 Years Experience
Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1984
Michael Reese Hospital Medical Center
Dr. Sandra Swain accepts the following insurance providers.
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
Locations & DirectionsWayne Andrew Prepura PhD, 501 Peterson Rd, Libertyville, IL
Dr. Sandra Swain is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Libertyville, IL.