Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Sandra V Werner has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Sandra V Werner has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Family Planning
Dr. Sandra V Werner has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Sandra V Werner is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 7
Worst doctor ever seen in my whole entire life came there to get OB care and first thing she says to me without even saying hello as I want you to talk to our Behavior health because you have depression I've never been diagnosed with depression I just met you one minute ago what are you talkin about that was my first visit my second and third visit were even more awful she prescribed me a medicine for people that have preterm Labor accusing me of having preterm labor I've never had preterm labor so she's trying to prescribe me a medicine that potentially would give me preterm labor because that was the side on the third visit I tried to explain all of this to her that I'm confused to what's going on because we have not talked much you come in the room telling me something and I am very confused not sure if she's reading other people's charts and mixing them up or what is going on I feel offended and very uncomfortable with this doctor no longer going there after three visits
First time we had met her. She Kept cutting me off. . I was out in the car waiting with my other boys(because we had been waiting about an hour to be seen by the doctor and they were getting restless) when the receptionist called and asked me to come back in. When I walked in Dr. Sandra asked me if my child was seeing a psychologist after speaking with him for less than five minutes in front of my other boys who are 9 and 7. We came in for my oldest who is 15 having a broken hand and left feeling violated verbally. There were subtle verbal insults being thrown at me as well about parenting. I kept my cool but wow it surprised me that a MD would be so unprofessional and rude. Not a fan.
NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home
The patient-centered medical home is a way of organizing primary care that emphasizes care coordination and communication to transform primary care into what patients want it to be. Medical homes can lead to higher quality and lower costs, and can improve patients' and providers' experience of care.
40 Years Experience
Loma Linda University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1978
Providence Milwaukie Family Practice
Dr. Sandra V Werner accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Group Health Coop
- Group Health Coop Alliant Plus Connect
- Group Health Coop Core
- Access PPO
- Alliant Plus
- Elect PPO
- Medicare Advantage HMO
- Omni PPO
- Options Federal
- Options PPO
- Overlake Employees
- Sound Choice
- Swedish Caregivers
- Moda Health First Choice Network
- Premera Heritage Signature
- Premera Heritage and Heritage Plus 1
- Premera LifeWise Connect
Regence Health Plans
- Regence WA Preferred Provider Network
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Sandra V Werner, MD - Family Medicine in Tacoma, WA, in this video.
Dr. Sandra V Werner is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Tacoma, WA.