Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Sandy S George has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Heart Failure
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 16
This really isn't about Dr. George. It is Westchester Medical Group and all doctors offices everywhere. I have not found one office staff that did not treat patients as if they were cattle. The doctors are all professionals and very busy. However, a lawyer would never let his secretary do legal consulting. Yet every time you call a doctor's office, the idiot that answers the phone either tries to play doctor, tells you the doctor is busy, and/or takes a message and fails to give it to the doctor. In Dr. George's case, I called and spoke to the staff and explained that I had a recurring infection and I wanted to know whether to come in or not. Not life threatening, but could be something if left untreated. I did not expect (and certainly didn't get) a call back in one hour. 5 hours later I called back only to get a "Dr George said you can make an appointment with her, or she will refer you to a specialist". In my field, I would be fired by my clients for having my assistant call back with such a message. However, I didn't even get the call back from the assistant. I had to call them. This is not the Doctor's fault. This is the administrators that manage the Doctor's time. Her staff is horrible. They are lazy, rude and downright treat patients as lower than them. As I said, it isn't just Dr. George's staff. I see four other doctors on a regular basis and three of them treat their patients as if they don't need them. I think the world of Dr. George and have no plans to not use her in the future. However, the lack of caring in her staff may make them a direct target of a complaint!
Bridges to Excellence: Physician Office Systems Recognition Program
This program is designed to recognize practices that use information systems to enhance the quality of patient care. To obtain Recognition, practices must demonstrate that they have implemented systematic office
On-Time Doctor Award (2016, 2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2016, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home
The patient-centered medical home is a way of organizing primary care that emphasizes care coordination and communication to transform primary care into what patients want it to be. Medical homes can lead to higher quality and lower costs, and can improve patients' and providers' experience of care.
Dr. George is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
28 Years Experience
Kasturba Medical College
Graduated in 1990
Sound Shore Medical Center
Dr. Sandy S George accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem CT HMO BlueCare
- Anthem PPO Century Preferred CT
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- First Health PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP HMO
- MVP Preferred PPO
- MVP Premier Plus HMO Small Groups
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsWestmed Medical Group, 1 Theall Rd, Rye, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Sandy S George in this video.
Dr. Sandy S George is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Rye, NY.