Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Sandy Saintonge
Dr. Sandy Saintonge, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Jackson Heights, NY, with another office in Forest Hills, NY. She has 23 years of experience. Her specialties include Public Health and Pediatrics. Dr. Saintonge is affiliated with Centrastate Medical Center. She speaks English.
Dr. Sandy Saintonge has the following 2 specialties
- Public Health
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Sandy Saintonge has the following 5 expertise
- Pediatric Diabetes
Dr. Sandy Saintonge has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Sandy Saintonge is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 4
Dr. Sandy is the best! We were first-time parents when we met Dr. Sandy and from day 1 she has been caring and kind with both us and our daughter. She ensures that all of our questions and concerns are answered and addressed. She is extremely knowledgeable and has shown professionalism and compassion in the treatment and care of our child. She is a wonderful doctor and we highly recommend her!
This was an emergency room visit at Queens hospital so the amount of time waiting is N/A, however I found Dr. Saintonge to be a great Dr. she explained to me what was going on with my daughter in a clear, concise way and was friendly and professional. I don't usually do reviews but I want to say that she did a great job the day I took my daughter in with what turned out to be a bad cold with a fever. She made me and my daughter feel so much better.I just wanted to let someone know.
Dr. Saintonge is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
23 Years Experience
Weill Cornell Medical College
Graduated in 1995
Dr. Sandy Saintonge accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- First Health PPO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Sandy Saintonge in this video.
Dr. Sandy Saintonge is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Jackson Heights, NY.