Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Sanford A Kaufman has the following 2 specialties
- General Practice
A general practitioner is similar to a family practitioner in that they treat patients of all ages with a variety of health concerns. These doctors treat everyday ailments, some acute and chronic diseases, and also provid health checkups, physicals, inoculations and preventative care.
General practitioners differ from family practitioners because they are not required to complete an additional residency in family medicine after completing their medical school residency. Like family practitioners, general practitioners will also provide referrals to patients who are in need of a specialist.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Sleep Disorders
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Depressive Disorder
Showing 5 of 7
I saw him 3 times and on the third time he dropped me without telling me he'd discharged me based on the fact that I went to rehab in the past. no one should be punished for seeking help and heven wasn't prescribing me any controlled substances. refused to refill my medication upon discharge, was not referred to any other dr. been seeing psychiatrists for 14 years and he is by far and wide the worst most negligent one I've ever seen.
He has always been very polite and most of the diagnostics are based on the first visit. During follow-ups, he asks how things are going and is perceptive, or at least he has been with me, on wether or not the medication is effective, and if i have been taking it. He will adjust accordingly. for example, after the near-drowning of my 2 year old son, he introduced a stronger anti-depressant. A few months later, my father-in-law died suddenly. I couldn't stop sleeping. For one month I used a trial medication to help with the absence of energy. It was a great help. And because it was a trial, the fees for this expensive med were waived. After a few weeks, I was back to my old self and did not need any pill, nor did i feel any kind of withdrawal effects. I could go on, but, as long as you are honest with him, and open with your emotions and life's happenings, he will be able to treat you well.For those of you looking for more time, this is not the job of a psychiatrist. You need a psychologist and he will recommend one for you.
50 Years Experience
New York Medical College
Graduated in 1968
Dr. Sanford A Kaufman accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS Florida myBlue
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- Florida Blue BlueSelect
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsMeridian Behavioral Healthcare Inc, 4300 SW 13th St, Gainesville, FL
Dr. Sanford A Kaufman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Gainesville, FL.