Get the facts about skin cancer, including the different types and symptoms.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Head and Neck Cancer Facts about head and neck cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Lymphoma Lymphoma symptoms & the difference between Hodgkin's & Non-Hodgkin's.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Sanford J Kempin has the following 1 specialty
- Medical Oncology
Think of an oncologist as your main physician for cancer care. After being diagnosed, you’ll meet regularly with an oncologist to explore and manage your treatment options, as well as monitor your condition throughout the process. Medical oncologists are extremely knowledgeable in various types of cancer treatment and can recommend the right method for the type and stage of cancer you’re facing.
They may also refer you to additional specialists throughout your care, but they will always be your home base for questions and support. It’s also worth mentioning that medical oncologists deal mostly with solid tumors while hematologists specialize in cancers that involve blood disorders, such as leukemia.
Dr. Sanford J Kempin has the following 16 expertise
- Myeloproliferative Disorders
- Chronic B-Cell Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Chronic Myelomonocytic Leukemia
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Cancerous Tumor
- Hepatitis C
- Breast Cancer
- Multiple Myeloma (Cancer of Plasma Cells)
- Myelodysplastic Syndromes
Dr. Sanford J Kempin has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 11
Yet ANOTHER lame Beth Israel "doctor".This jerk diagnosed me with Lymphoma,ordered multiple tests and...disappeared!!! Not kidding.SIX calls and he refuses to contact me with test results or a follow up report let alone a consultation.A few months later I had another CT scan and the same thing.He is totally AWOL. STAY AWAY FROM KEMPIN.STAY AWAY FROM BETH ISRAEL.
After three years and more than a dozen,mostly incompetant doctors I finally found the guy I needed - Dr. Kempin.He's a wonderful doctor and exceptional person who devotes a lot of time to simply talking with his patients.And he's one of the most experienced hematologists in NYC.It's no surprise he's listed as a "best doctor" and associated with Sloan-Kettering.
Dr. Kempin is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
47 Years Experience
Universite Catholique De Louvain
Graduated in 1971
Lemuel Shattuck Hospital
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsSanford J Kempin Md, 11 5th Ave Apt 11, New York, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Sanford J Kempin in this video.
Dr. Sanford J Kempin is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New York, NY.