Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Sanford A Ratzan has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. Sanford A Ratzan has the following 15 expertise
- Bone Fracture
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Herniated Disc
- Shoulder Dislocation
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Joint Replacement
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Knee Surgery
- Sports Medicine
Dr. Sanford A Ratzan is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 23
Self-verified patient of Dr. Sanford A Ratzan - Posted on February 16th, 2017
Self-verified patient of Dr. Sanford A Ratzan - Posted on March 30th, 2012
This man is an insurance company IME hack. I advise you to bring a witness with you. Without a witness the exam will take less than ten minutes. The majority of that time the doctor spends writing and ignoring anything you say. The results of the exam are guaranteed to be exactly what the insurance company wants.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Sanford A Ratzan - Posted on April 25th, 2011
Self-verified patient of Dr. Sanford A Ratzan - Posted on June 26th, 2010
Self-verified patient of Dr. Sanford A Ratzan - Posted on June 11th, 2010
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
53 Years Experience
Columbia University College Of Physicians And Surgeons
Graduated in 1965
St Lukes Roosevelt Hospital
Dr. Sanford A Ratzan accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- First Health PPO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsSOUTH SUFFOLK ORTHOPEDIC SURGERY, 786 Montauk Hwy Ste B, West Islip, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Sanford A Ratzan, MD - Orthopaedic Surgery in West Islip, NY, in this video.
Dr. Sanford A Ratzan is similar to the following 4 Doctors near West Islip, NY.