Dr. Sanford N Richman IV Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Sanford N Richman IV?

He has given me excellent care for more than 35 years

Excellent physician

When I first saw Dr. Richman and went back to my internist, my internist said that the report he received from Dr. Richman was by far the most thorough that he had ever seen. Another gastroenterologist referred me to Dr. Richman and said that he was excellent. After around 15 years as his patient, I agree. I now consider Dr. Richman my friend as well as my physician. When I ask him a question, he always gives me a direct response. For any issue not in his specialty, he sends me to someone excellent. My son, who is a third year medical student at a world class medical school, has a similar high opinion of Dr. Richman.

uninformative, poor bedside manner, doesn't seem interested

i had a colonoscopy and endoscopy...Dr Richman did the endoscopy part and i was told to follow up with him for post-op results and pathology test results for biopsies.i don't even know where to start with how unimpressed i was with Dr Richman.I don't think i've ever had a doctor who seemed so disinterested in what he was doing. He didn't listen to me. Didn't answer my questions. and worse, didn't really give me any information. He seemed dubious about the GI surgeon (colonoscopy)'s dx of Crohn's disease...but didn't explain why or what he thought was going on.just bland, flat, uninterested, unengaged. Did not seem interested in what he was doing, in understanding my medical history/situation overall, in spending any time with me, in trying to explain what the results of teh biopsies meant (i had to go home and google)...he rushed the appt. and while i was still trying to get some questions answered, he stood up and said "ok, you can wait in the waiting room and i'll write up some lab orders for you." Then again, personally, i prefer doctors who don't talk down to you, who will give you as much information as you ask for, who take time to talk/discuss/explain, who are personable, and make eye contact, interested in what they are doing, and who see the patient/doctor relationship as a partnership. he offered none of that.although i marked it was easy to get an appt with him...I kind of question doctors who schedules seem so empty that getting an appt is super easy.I would never go back to him. i'm supposed to see him again in a week when he should have the results of the blood work etc. i'm canceling and finding a new doc and having him/her request my test results and start over.I wouldn't recommend him to anyone i know.