Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Sang H Suh has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Depressive Disorder
- Mental Illness
- Sleep Disorders
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Mood Disorders
- Personality Disorder
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 31
I went to my general Dr complaining of anxiety. Was put on antidepressants. When I saw DrSuh he cancelled all that and told me I wasn't depressed and needed stuff to calm me down-duh! Happy with the new prescriptions that are "take as needed". Less pills to pop. Better RESULTS! Happy and carefree again. Thanks!
I was in with my child and felt as if my opinion did not matter. If you are looking for a Doctor who will treat you as a partner in the treatment process, Dr. Suh would not be a good match. He had very strong opinions on causes of stress and emotional/mental problems and discounted anything that didn't fit his view. He asked about family history stating that there was always a genetic connection/cause. I mentioned that my sister had problems with depression during menopause. He laughed saying that it was always PMS, menopause or the weather. Aside from being closed minded, it was actually an inappropriate response to any patient's comment. Who wants a psychiatrist that laughs at a serious comment? My other concern is that fact that after a 45 minute meeting, in which he implied he wanted to start medications slowly, he promptly prescribed two different medication, one of which is not a first-line low dose antidepressant. The other was a mood stabilizer that takes one to two weeks to get into the body's system. It seem overly aggressive, unnecessary and potentially unsafe to prescribe two medications at the same time when one might do as well and the patient is not in crisis. Again, he doesn't seem open to a dialog on treatment or a holistic approach to dealing with emotional/mental issues.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015, 2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
23 Years Experience
University Of Michigan Medical School
Graduated in 1995
University Of Michigan Health System
Dr. Sang H Suh accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Whole Health Pacific Medical Centers WA
- Aetna Whole Health Providence Swedish WA
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Group Health Coop
- Group Health Coop Alliant Plus Connect
- Group Health Coop Core
- Premera Heritage Signature
- Premera Heritage and Heritage Plus 1
- Premera LifeWise Connect
Regence Health Plans
- Regence Evergreen Health Partners
- Regence WA Preferred Provider Network
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsChris Chandler Counseling, 2820 Northup Way Ste 105, Bellevue, WA
Dr. Sang H Suh is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Bellevue, WA.