Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Sang W Lee
Dr. Sang W Lee, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Los Angeles, CA, with other offices in Los Angeles, CA and Glendale, CA (and 1 other location). He has 25 years of experience. His specialties include Colon & Rectal Surgery and Surgery. Dr. Lee has received 4 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Sang W Lee has the following 2 specialties
- Colon & Rectal Surgery
- Colon Cancer
- Inflammatory Bowel Diseases (IBD)
- Abdominal Pain
- Bowel Resection
- Rectal Cancer
- Colorectal Surgery
- Laproscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Colorectal Cancer
- Rectal Pain
- Gastrointestinal Surgery
- Rectal Prolapse
- Rectal Bleeding
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 33
Having had colon surgery 30 years ago, I was looking for a surgeon that was able to perform laparoscopic surgery for my current colon cancer. Dr. Lee described his procedure in great detail and followed through with a successful and flawless surgical procedure. My recovery time in the hospital was minimal and I returned to a normal lifestyle in about two weeks. Dr. Lee's staff and the quality hospital experience were the best ever. I am grateful for Dr. Lee's skill, knowledge, and experience. It certainly worked for me.
After two years and several doctors, we were fortunate to have been able to meet with an amazing team of doctors including Dr. Sang Lee. We left our home which was 500 miles away to meet with Dr. Lee after doctors had told us that the only option my 12 year old daughter had was to has a complete removal of her rectum. After a total of 10 minutes in Dr. Lee's office, he offered us an option that would require an out-patient surgery with a 3-5 day recuperation period. I don't know that I've ever been as happy in my life. The procedure was a success and has given my daughter her life back. Dr. Lee was professional, accommodating, informative and kind. I would very strongly recommend this surgeon! My understanding is that he has left New York Presbyterian Hospital. I am hoping that I will be able to track him down in the event that my daughter (or anyone else) might need him again in the future.
Dr. Lee is not the most personable guy, but he is an outstanding colorectal surgeon and exceeded my expectations vastly. I went to him for what was both a discomfort and a cosmetic issue in a sensitive location. It was bothersome and difficult to keep clean. His work was flawless. The area feels, functions and appears like new. I can't believe how good the result was - I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Dr. Lee to anyone considering a colorectal procedure.
Patients' Choice Award (2010, 2008, 2012, 2015, 2014, 2011)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012, 2015, 2014, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
America's Top Doctors (2017)
Castle Connolly America's Top Doctors® are specialists who are highly recommended by their peers and other healthcare professionals. The Castle Connolly research staff reviews both professional qualifications and professional reputation prior to Top Doctor status being awarded. This recognition identifies the top medical specialists throughout the country who possess a high level of medical skill and expertise. Castle Connolly America's Top Doctors® are specialists who are highly recommended by their peers and other healthcare professionals. The Castle Connolly research staff reviews both professional qualifications and professional reputation prior to Top Doctor status being awarded. This recognition identifies the top medical specialists throughout the country who possess a high level of medical skill and expertise.
25 Years Experience
New York University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1993
Albert Einstein College Of Medicine
Dr. Sang W Lee accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Sang W Lee in this video.
Dr. Sang W Lee is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Los Angeles, CA.