Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Sangeeta Saikia
Dr. Sangeeta Saikia, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Sugar Land, TX, with another office in Sugar Land, TX. She has 28 years of experience. Her specialties include Cardiovascular Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Saikia is affiliated with West Houston Medical Center, Memorial Hermann Sugar Land Hospital and Angleton Danbury Medical Center. Dr. Saikia has received 2 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Sangeeta Saikia has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Heart Catheterization
- Heart Attack
- High Cholesterol
- Heart Block
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Preventive Medicine
- Unstable Angina
- Myocardial Infarction
- Lipid Disorders
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Blood Clot
- Heart Failure
- Heart Diseases
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 18
A wonderful kind and caring doctor. Very passionate about her patients, and listens to everything as if she was your mother. And smiles.
Dr. Saikia is an excellent cardiovascular doctor. Her bedside manner is really good and she will run several tests before making a diagnosis. Her nurse, Liddy, is very good at what she does. The receptionist is not a friendly person most of the time. She needs to keep the patients informed as to what is going on because sometimes I stay in the waiting room way too long. If the doctor has not arrived, running late, or has an emergency the patients need to be informed so they can get a snack, lunch, or coffee.
I have had the privelage of working with Dr. Saikia before becoming her patient. The is some waiting prior to your sched. appt time but the office staff has always been very nice and efficent. You can have Echo/ stress tests scheduled in her office to avoid going to the hospital. My biggest compliment with regards to Dr. Saikia is that she remembers- from visit to visit she recalls my issues, my reactions to medications, and always follows up on any labs/ procedures I have done elsewhere or with other physicians. Her bedside manner has always been top notch and I would not trust anyone else to care for my cardiovascular issues.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016, 2014, 2015, 2012)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2016, 2015, 2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Saikia is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
28 Years Experience
Assam Medical College
Graduated in 1990
University Of Texas Health Science Center
Dr. Sangeeta Saikia accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- First Health PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana National HMO
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Sangeeta Saikia is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Sugar Land, TX.