Get the facts about lung cancer, including how many people get it and what increases your risk for developing it.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Sanjay Awasthi has the following 2 specialties
- Medical Oncology
Think of an oncologist as your main physician for cancer care. After being diagnosed, you’ll meet regularly with an oncologist to explore and manage your treatment options, as well as monitor your condition throughout the process. Medical oncologists are extremely knowledgeable in various types of cancer treatment and can recommend the right method for the type and stage of cancer you’re facing.
They may also refer you to additional specialists throughout your care, but they will always be your home base for questions and support. It’s also worth mentioning that medical oncologists deal mostly with solid tumors while hematologists specialize in cancers that involve blood disorders, such as leukemia.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Cancerous Tumor
- Lung Cancer
Showing 5 of 12
Dr. Awasthi (Oncologist/hematologist) saved my life on two occasions. First was a blood clot in the brain, the second was caused by a unexpected rare blood disease. He was able to diagnose the problem quickly and help put me on a road of recovery.... There has been times I've had some complications. Dr. Awashti would take me in immediately, was able to see the severity and send me to the ER for quick treatment.I can't say enough good things about Dr. Awasthi.... He is kind, compassionate, caring, empathetic, I could go on and on.... Helping his patients is his passion, and is truly a gift from God!I love and respect this man....he and his staff are, IMO the best in North Tx. I highly recommend Dr. Awasthi if your battling cancer or some kind of blood disorder, PLEASE, check him out.
Patients' Choice Award (2009, 2008, 2016, 2010, 2011)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016, 2010)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
32 Years Experience
University Of Texas Southwestern Medical School
Graduated in 1986
University Of Texas Health System
Dr. Sanjay Awasthi accepts the following insurance providers.
- Humana Choice POS
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsTexas Tech University Health Sciences Center, 3601 4th St, Lubbock, TX
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Sanjay Awasthi in this video.
Dr. Sanjay Awasthi is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Lubbock, TX.