Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Sanjay K Patel has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Sanjay K Patel has the following 12 expertise
- Heart Diseases
- Blood Clot
- Heart Block
- Heart Failure
- High Cholesterol
- Unstable Angina
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Attack
Dr. Sanjay K Patel has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Sanjay K Patel is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 8
My family doctor referred me to Dr. Patel at Hickory Cardiology, although I had previously been treated by a different office, saying Dr. Patel has "a good bedside manner". I wasn't concerned about the doctor's "manner", I simply wanted to figure out the cause of my chest pain so I agreed to sign the release for my records from the other cardiologist and authorize them to be sent to Dr. Patel.The staff was very polite and the nurse who called me back into the room was great! She read my prior history to make sure it was accurate and asked why I was seeing the doctor today.When Dr. Patel came in, he must have left his "good bedside manner" at home! I had previously had a stress test which came back normal but the pain was still there which is why my doctor referred me to him in the first place; he was out of ideas as to what was causing the pain. Dr. Patel told me I had already had the tests done that he would have conducted and the results were completely normal. He then said he was a "heart doctor, not why is my chest hurting doctor". Excuse me, but I'm a patient in pain, not a doctor in any sense! I didn't walk in off the street, I was REFERRED there by another physician who thought Dr. Patel could assist in my diagnosis. I realize the cause of my pain may not be heart related, and Dr. Patel may have honestly felt he couldn't help me, which is fine. But, for any physician to belittle a patient, the way I feel he did me, is completely unacceptable! My primary care physician will definitely be hearing about my worst experience with another physician, EVER! And, I'll also be more reluctant to accept referrals based on personal opinion.
Dr. Patel is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
24 Years Experience
Indiana University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1994
Rush Presbyterian St Lukes Medical Center
Dr. Sanjay K Patel accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS North Carolina
- BCBS NC Blue Value
- BCBS NC BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsCardiology Physician Corporation, 1771 Tate Blvd SE Ste 201, Hickory, NC
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Sanjay K Patel in this video.
Dr. Sanjay K Patel is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Hickory, NC.