Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Sanjay L Khant has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
- Weight Loss
- Anxiety Disorders
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Preventive Medicine
Showing 5 of 27
I had come to Dr. Khant because my primary care physician had left the practice. What a mistake. First, they charged me for an injection never rec'd, along with other tests that I understand were supposed to be covered via insurance in my 'free' annual exam. Then when trying to get a routine prescription refill, they demanded that I come in to the office. When I explained it's simply a refill, the office staff became irritated, and told me I need to see a Psychaitrist! Dr. Khant himself got on the phone, and basically explained that they don't want my business any longer. Apparently, they have plenty of customers, and can treat them however they feel. It became very clear that this practice, in my opinion, does not have a patient's best interest in mind. I found them to be rude, condescending, and spiteful.
I don't like his personality at all. Seemed like an idiot. He may not be, but that is the impression I got. I had to be referred to a specialist (which I did expect) so I can't really say if he is a good doctor or not only had one visit with him, but just basing this on my one visit and the way he looked at me when I asked him questions. Just going with a gut feeling here so not really bashing him, just giving my experience
Everything about this doctor visit went very smoothly. I showed up about 5 minutes before my scheduled appointment, and they admitted me almost right on time. After my vitals were taken by the nurse, I only waited a couple minutes before Dr. Khant showed up. He had obviously looked at my previous records (I had seen a different doctor in the same office before) and knew about my asthma. After asking a few questions, he prescribed some antibiotics. He even asked if I needed any refills on my asthma medication. I have yet to see if the antibiotics will cure my cough, but I was very pleased with the initial visit.
Bridges to Excellence: Physician Office Systems Recognition Program
This program is designed to recognize practices that use information systems to enhance the quality of patient care. To obtain Recognition, practices must demonstrate that they have implemented systematic office
NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home
The patient-centered medical home is a way of organizing primary care that emphasizes care coordination and communication to transform primary care into what patients want it to be. Medical homes can lead to higher quality and lower costs, and can improve patients' and providers' experience of care.
Dr. Khant is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
23 Years Experience
University Of Connecticut School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1995
Boston University Medical Center
Dr. Sanjay L Khant accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Open Access POS
- BCBS GA BlueChoice Option POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsThe Emory Clinic, 5673 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd Ste 500, Atlanta, GA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Sanjay L Khant in this video.
Dr. Sanjay L Khant is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Atlanta, GA.