Dr. Sanjay Prasad Is this you?

3.6

Have you seen Dr. Sanjay Prasad?

POOR FOLLOW-UP

In March, 2017, I responded to an announcement on a reputable DC radio program promoting Sinuplasty Surgery performed under the practice of Dr. Sanjay Prasad. After contacting Dr. Prasad's practice, I was referred to Dr. Jared Tompkins. Dr. Thompkins informed me that he worked under the oversight of Dr. Prasad and, Dr. Prasad would be reviewing his cases and may even be present during the Sinuplasty surgery which I ended up having performed in April, 2017 by Dr. Thompkins. (Note, it was reviewing the relationships of experiences of former patients of Dr. Prasad and, being told that Dr. Prasad would supervise the procedure that I developed confidence to pursue this procedure with this practice!) I contacted the practice twice this week (November, 2017) over a concern I have with my sinus irrigation. I was told that Dr. Thompkins is no longer with this practice and, the practice has no forwarding information for Dr. Thompkins. When I asked to speak to or see Dr. Prasad to discuss the issue, I was told Dr. Prasad does not specialize in sinus issues; his speciality is with ears; if I am having problems, I should consult my primary care physician!

Awesome Practice

My visits with Dr. Prasad was very impressive. He took his time with me and my spouse giving us an extensive exam. I had the Balloon procedure and the care was outstanding . I highly recommend it and Dr. Prasad to anyone in need of ENT treatment to overcome snoring and allergies. Dr. Prasad has a fantastic team of professional working along with him. First class treatment from a top rate organization. Thanks JLTD

The most wonderful doctor that doesn't treat you like number. Dr. Sanjay Prasad and Staff is very prefessional , caring, and listen to your concerns. He just wonderful all around great Dr. And staff.

Exceptional patient care

Excellent doctor

I've never waited more than ten to fifteen minutes to see Dr Prasad. He listens, is interested in what's going on with you. He's very knowledgeable and I'd highly recommend him.

Get a second opinion. Avoid at all cost. Pushes unnecessary and inappropriate procedures and misleads - in order to bill though insurance.

Good doctor but always very behind schedule, often have to wait over an hour past appt time

My first experience with a doctor who recommended a totally inappropriate and unnecessary procedure, failed to fully review the risks and procedure with me despite requests to do so, performed more extensive procedure than understood. When later questioned about the reasons for the extent of the procedure, her said better to do everything so that you don't need to come back for another procedure later. REALLY?? All this led to a bad outcome that has resulted in damage to my sinus, neuralgia, chronic pain and headaches and made my life a misery. He is abusing a procedure that is very expensive claiming it is simple, safe and effective. Post op second opinions have confirmed. Get a second opinion if you see this doctor.

Regretful Sinuplasty patient

Use caution with this doctor. His diagnosis and treatment advice must be validated by a second opinion with another professional. He is quick to identify a non issue in order to recommend a covered procedure that is neither necessary or appropriate, which is what occurred in my case. I went to him to rule out a tumor - which he did - but then pointed out, on his own, sinus blockage and brought up sinus balloon dilation that might help - made it sound safe and promoting healthy sinuses. Never explained it is limited to patients with chronic sinus infections/rhinitus that does not clear after 6 months conservative treatment. He sounds assuring and answers questions, but he does not conservatively and fully evaluate the alleged condition for which he recommends an expensive treatment, or the proposed procedure or the process. He offers broad statements of simple and safe - no down time - patients feel much better a week or so afterwards, but does not fully disclose risks. In my case, he recommended this procedure without first undertaking the standard protocol of conservative treatment before recommending an expensive in patient procedure. I learned this only after speaking with another ENT because of pain and problems CREATED by the procedure that I had never experienced previously. He is abusing procedures for gain. Do not be swayed by his self accolades or his demeanor, seek another opinion .

Best ear doctor and staff I have ever worked with. Thank you!

Front desk receptionists awful...never returns phone calls. Doctors never get messages. Billing people don't know what's going on??

Dr. Prasad may be the best Dr I have ever seen. He is professional, knowledgeable, courteous, and brilliant. He saved my hearing and performed successful surgery on me for a large and rare tumor. I can't say enough good things about him and his staff. I am very grateful to have found them.