Dr. Sanjay Ramakumar Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Sanjay Ramakumar?

Posted on March 13th, 2017

Dr. Ramakumar removed my kidney in 2013. I have a lot of faith in the Dr. He is very friendly, concerning, gives all details what will happen, wonderful bedside manners. I will never go to another urologist than Dr. Ramakumar even if he moves.

never again!

Posted on April 28th, 2015

dr ramakumar was oncall at hospital. husband had heart surgery with some urinary complications. the dr seemed knowledgeable but did tell us never to go to e.r. with these problems, but to wait til an office apt was made. on a sat husb in horrible pain.called dr. he said to take pain pills and come in Monday but he could not prescribe the pills so had to borrow them from neighbor. Monday went to office. husband in great pain. office very crowded and uncaring. never saw dr. very young female phy asst saw him and could have cared less. he was instructed to remove catheter himself!!! the next day. she did not think he had a problem and did not physical exam of him. would never go back!!!!

Posted on December 23rd, 2013

I've seen Dr. Ramakumar twice in the last few years. The first visit was fine; no problems. The last one, I waited in the waiting room 45 minutes after my appointment time before going back to an examination room. A resident intern came in first, introduced himself, asked if I minded if he was included in the exam. I said, no, I didn't mind. He asked a few questions and then left. Another ten minutes went by before they both returned. Dr. Ramakumar took one look at my chart and told me there was nothing wrong with me (I was hypogonadism symptomatic). He didn't examine me, or ask questions--nothing. Five minutes later, I was walking out the door. I went to another Dr. who ordered testosterone blood work-which indicated I was low: 195. The Am. Urological Assoc. says anything under 300 is low. Worst of all, his attitude was dismissive, as if he couldn't be bothered. Needless to say, I would never recommend this doctor.

Great office!!

Posted on July 30th, 2013

I'm 26 years old with a slight history of stones ( yes at such a young age). I went to the emergency room and was diagnosed with a relatively small stone that should have passed in a week..cut to a month later I'm back in the E.R. With excruciating pain and was referred to dr ramakumar. His staff made room for an emergency next day appointment. I met the doctor who gave me a shot that was non narcotic so I could still drive and it stopped hurting in minutes. He fit me in for surgery to remove the stone within a few days of meeting . Overall I really love this office. The doctor offered after care and investigation to see why I would keep getting the kidney stones.

Posted on June 14th, 2012

Dr. Sanjay Ramakumar is supposed to be one of the best urologists in Tucson; however, I found him to be substandard. He did not diagnose my problem; he had me come for appointment after appointment, doing a CT each time, but there was never any treatment. He did not want to answer my questions-he would just put out his hand to say good-bye when he was finished talking. I have since gone to another specialist who has prescribed medicine and gotten me on track, and I feel so much better. I wasted my time waiting for Dr. Ramakukmar to do something for me. It never happened.

Did not provide information that could be critical

Posted on November 24th, 2011

The doctor met with me once, ordered a CT scan which found mild stones. I was followed up by a PA, McBride, who told me all was well, for the next year. Over a year later, I decided to go to a urologist closer to me and he asked me to bring in my records. On retrieving these records I discovered that I had ovarian cysts, not good for a woman past menopause. This information should have been relayed to me immediately so I could have been checked out. Now I am waiting for more information. I just last month buried my mother who died of ovarian cancer. This was extremely negligent of this doctor and/or health professional.

Posted on October 5th, 2017