Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Sanjeev Nayyar has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Abdominal Pain
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Hepatitis C
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Celiac Disease
Showing 5 of 35
Had a colonoscopy with this guy, he walked in, said it wasn't bad, and walked out, word for word. Have seen him for two months now and still hasn't given me meds to start taking. Been to the hospital a few times for my pain and vomiting, and he just has them send me home and come see him.... For him not to do anything.
VERY DISAPPOINTED WITH THE DOCTOR. AFTER WAITING 25 MINUTES FOR THE APPOINTMENT, I GO IN AND HE IS ON THE PHONE FOR 5 MINUTES. THEN AFTER ASKING ME A FEW QUESTIONS, HE IS ON THE PHONE AGAIN FOR 5 MORE MINUTES.VERY ABRUPT AND RUDE. PAID NO ATTENTION TO MY QUESTIONS, I GUESS THE PHONE CALLS WERE MORE IMPORTANT THEN HIS PATIENTS. NO STARS
My family has been going to him for many years. He is very patient and listens. He has taken excellent care of me. I have many problem which he is not afraid of. I have extreme allergies to many drugs but this does not stop him from helping me. He and his staff have recommended may fine doctors to handle health problems that he does not treat. Yes I highly recommend him.
Do not go to him. He will spend a lot of time with you before the procedure but will refuse to even talk to you and discuss your results with you once the procedure is done. he is all about doing procedures and making money and does not provide any post procedure folow-ups at all. It was a total waste of time as I ahd to literally beg ghis office to atleast give me my colonoscopy results so that I can atleast go see another doctor to diagnose my condition
U S Department Of Veterans Affairs
Dr. Sanjeev Nayyar accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Horizon BCBS OMNIA - TIER1
- Horizon HMO
- Horizon OMNIA
- Horizon POS
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Health Garden State
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsGarden State Gastroenterology, 200 Perrine Rd Ste 231, Old Bridge, NJ
Dr. Sanjeev Nayyar is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Old Bridge, NJ.