Get the facts about lung cancer, including how many people get it and what increases your risk for developing it.
- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Triple-Negative Breast Cancer Facts about Triple-Negative Breast Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Sanjiv S Gambhir MD
Dr. Sanjiv S Gambhir, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Stanford, CA, with other offices in Stanford, CA and Palo Alto, CA (and 5 other locations). His specialties include Diagnostic Radiology and Radiology. He speaks English.
Dr. Sanjiv S Gambhir has 8 locations
318 Campus Dr Rm E153
Stanford, CA 94305
211 Quarry Rd
Palo Alto, CA 94304
3260 Alpine Rd
Portola Valley, CA 94028
2589 Samaritan Dr Fl 1
San Jose, CA 95124
2518 Mission College Blvd
Santa Clara, CA 95054
300 Pasteur Dr Ste S056
Stanford, CA 94305
300 Pasteur Dr
Stanford, CA 94305
Book Online Now
Dr. Sanjiv S Gambhir has the following 2 specialties
- Diagnostic Radiology
Radiologists help doctors get a closer look at what’s happening inside your body. If your primary care doctor wants to investigate your symptoms further, they may refer you to a radiologist to get an ultrasound or x-ray. Some radiologists specialize in mammography and breast imaging, which is who you see when you need a mammogram. A Radiologist can also determine if bones are broken or fractured after any kind of accident.
Radiologists are trained to perform MRIs and CT scans, both of which are used to determine the presence of diseases or disorders and help your doctor properly diagnose you. They can detect anything from tumors, bleeding and infections to bone and muscle disorders.
A radiologist is a physician who specializes in the use of medical imaging to diagnose and treat illnesses or injuries in patients.
The different types of medical imaging are X-ray, computed tomography (CT) scans, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), ultrasound, and nuclear medicine.
Radiologists are experts in these different types of tests and can advise a primary care doctor on which test is most appropriate in a specific case. These doctors also assist primary care doctors in analyzing the images produced by these tests in order to determine next steps necessary for treatment.
Dr. Sanjiv S Gambhir has the following 11 expertise
- Breast Cancer
- Lung Cancer
- Colorectal Cancer
- PET Scan
- Nuclear Medicine
- Metastatic Breast Cancer
- CT Scan
Dr. Sanjiv S Gambhir Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Humana Choice POS
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
More about Dr. Sanjiv S Gambhir
Sanjiv Sam Gambhir, M.D., Ph.D., is a Professor of Radiology and Bioengineering at Stanford, Chief of the Nuclear Medicine Division, Director of the Molecular Imaging Program at Stanford (MIPS), and Director of the Canary Center at Stanford for Early Cancer Detection. He is PI for the National Cancer Institute (NCI) Center for Cancer Nanotechnology Excellence (CCNE), PI for the NCI In Vivo Cellular & Molecular Imaging Center (ICMIC) (P50) and Program Director for a NCI post-doctoral fellowship molecular imaging training grant (R25T). He currently has a lab of over 30 post-doctoral fellows and graduate students. He also leads a team of over 125 scientists in the molecular imaging program. Dr. Gambhir has expertise with numerous multimodality molecular imaging modalities. His lab developed reporter gene technologies for use in living subjects including strategies for imaging gene therapy and cell trafficking in humans. His lab has also developed imaging strategies for monitoring protein-protein interactions and is now extending these into strategies for imaging signal transduction. Dr. Gambhirs lab is also developing novel imaging probes for positron emission tomography (PET) for use in clinical cancer applications. Dr. Gambhir serves on numerous corporate scientific advisory boards and is also a member of the National Cancer Institute scientific advisory board. Dr. Gambhirs recent honors include the Taplin Award (2002), Holst Medal (2003), the Academy of Molecular Imaging Basic Scientist Award (2004), the Society of Molecular Imaging Achievement Award (2004), the Distinguished Clinical Scientist Award from the Doris Duke Charitable Foundation (2004), and the Hounsfield Medal from Imperial College London (2005). In 2006, Dr. Gambhir received the Paul C. Aebersold Award from the Society of Nuclear Medicine, which is given for outstanding achievement in basic nuclear medicine science. Dr. Gambhir also co-hosted a Nobel Symposium in Stockholm in 2007 on Molecular Imaging and was elected to the Institute of Medicine (IOM) of the National Academies in 2008.
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Sanjiv S Gambhir, MD - Diagnostic Radiology in Stanford, CA, in this video.
Dr. Sanjiv S Gambhir is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Stanford, CA.