Get the facts about lung cancer, including how many people get it and what increases your risk for developing it.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Prostate Cancer Get the facts about prostate cancer, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Sanjiv R Parikh has the following 2 specialties
- Vascular & Interventional Radiology
- Nuclear Medicine
Nuclear medicine specialists are doctors who have extensive training in the use of nuclear substances, like radiation, to diagnose and treat certain illnesses.
These specialists perform diagnostic tests in which a small amount of a radioactive substance is injected into a vein, inhaled or taken orally by the patient. The radioactive substance then enables the nuclear medicine specialist to use a scanner to detect the radiation level in the part of the body being examined in order to create an image of it with a computer. The images tell the physician whether there are abnormal changes in metabolism which indicate whether a disease or injury is present. These tests are often used to detect cancer.
In addition to detecting cancer, substances like radioactive iodine can be either injected into the blood stream or taken orally to fight cancer and other diseases. After being ingested, the substance is absorbed by the thyroid gland and abnormal thyroid tissues are destroyed.
- Nuclear Medicine
- Bone Cancer
- Spinal Fractures
- Interventional Radiology
- Spinal Stenosis
- Pulmonary Embolism
- Kidney Dialysis (Renal Dialysis)
- Vascular Disease
- Acute Renal Failure (Acute Kidney Failure)
- Vertebroplasty (Kyphoplasty)
- Varicose Veins
- Arteriovenous Malformations
- Limb Salvage
- Lung Cancer
- Carotid Artery Diseases (CAD)
- Aortic Aneurysm
- Kidney Cancer
- Obstructive Jaundice
- Biliary Tract Diseases
- Diabetic Foot
- Hepatocellular Carcinoma
- Liver Cancer
- Cancer Chemoembolization (Therapeutic Chemoembolization)
Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Northwestern Memorial Hospital
Dr. Sanjiv R Parikh accepts the following insurance providers.
- Moda Health First Choice Network
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Sanjiv R Parikh is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Issaquah, WA.