Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Janardhan S Rao has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 14
Ive been seeing Dr. Rao for almost 20 years. First off, he is not a nephrologist at all! So I know this website isn't doing a good job. It hurts me to see all these reviews which are only trying to be negative of Dr. Rao and his staff, maybe trying to hurt his practice. He has an extra people working there too I noticed, and with the change to the electronic system and the new office I was able to get in and out a lot faster on my last two visits. My refills are also filled electronically for the ones that need to be. Some of these reviews make me chuckle. What does some crazy tenant person in another state have to do with his medical practice? LOL It'll be a tough day for me when Dr. Rao retires! He is busy, and has wait times, because he is good. I bring my mother to him too now, and she is much happier.
Dr. Rao is the real deal. He has been my doctor for years and treats my husband and my entire family. Since beginning care with him I moved from the D.C. area and after trying physicians in the "new" area, I knew I had to go back to Dr. Rao for quality care. I now drive over 100 miles for visits with him. I hope never retires.
Highly knowledgeable professional. His experience shows well. Has taken care of me and relatives of mine for many years now. Other reviews on here seem oblivious to the quality of care by the doctor - more focused on wait times, billing, and refills (drug seeking?). I think it shows well when the office is fairly busy. I'm glad the doctor I go to is in demand, instead of the opposite.
Prince Georges Hospital Center
Dr. Janardhan S Rao accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsSankineni J Rao Md, 4000 Mitchellville Rd Ste 208, Bowie, MD
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Janardhan S Rao in this video.
Dr. Janardhan S Rao is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Bowie, MD.