Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Santha L Kamineni has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Santha L Kamineni has the following 11 expertise
- Hot Flashes
- Menstrual Pain
- Birth Control
- Pap Smear
- Women's Health
- Child Birth
- Pelvic Exam
Showing 5 of 28
I came to Dr Kamenini at 34 weeks pregnant because my Dr didn't deliver at LIJ, which was the hospital I wanted to deliver. I was put down for coming to her so late & was being treated VERY rudely! She sent me for 6 different blood work tests separately as inconvenient as it was getting around at 8 months pregnant. Then she told me she's sorry to tell me I was positive for HEP B because she couldn't read my previous Dr's lab results, so I was sent for THAT blood test, which for those 3 days I'm thinking I had HEP B, which ULTIMATELY came up NEGATIVE! THEN at 41 wks I went to the hospital when I thought my water broke (false alarm) & she kept me there to be induced. I was induced for over 2 days, couldn't eat or drink to ULTIMATELY on the 3rd day I was 9 1/2 cm dilated, she decided to do a c-section! THEN the 3rd day of recovery in the hospital, she came to my room with a social worker & told me ALCOHOL came up POSITIVE in my test she gave me a week before!! I DON'T DRINK ALCOHOL!!! ACS was called & I'm dealing with child protective services now!!! Before I was given the test in her office, I was told to wipe with an soap towelette wipe before urinating into the cup! They deny there is alcohol on the wipe. I am BEYOND DISSATISFIED with her practice! All new patients BEWARE!!
This review is definitely long overdue. I saw Dr Kamineni a few months ago. She was so rude. As it was my first time, I was clearly nervous about any procedure that would need to be done & she made me feel the most uncomfortable I have ever felt while at a doctors office. Though her staff and friendly she is NOT. I thought I should give it a try seeing the reviews from zocdoc but in reality I should have seen those on vitals. Though I did appreciate the breast exam she did on me, that was about all I did. Her office is dark, and does not look clean. She wasn't gentle with the procedures and when she told me I needed to take birth control she brought up "you can get your leg amputated" .. I know it's her obligation as a doctor to let you know about any side effects but the way she said it was so uncalled for. Quick summary: avoid her at all costs, rude, unwelcoming office, and just AWFUL!
Terrible doctor. Stay away if you're pregnant. She uses scare tactics like "your baby could die" to get you to do certain blood tests if you are reluctant. Absolutely not the words any mother to be wants to hear. She actually thinks I will listen to her and complete her blood tests by her saying those words. I switched doctors right away. She makes nasty comments just like other reviewers said. I told her I'm a lawyer, not working now b/c of my pregnancy, she made a stupid remark "I guess you still call yourself a lawyer if you're not working." She shouldn't call herself a doctor if she doesn't carry herself like one. So unprofessional, she doesn't know she's facing a malpractice lawsuit. Don't get fooled b/c she's Indian, she's not peaceful like most Indians. She should be ashamed b/c karma is going get back at her. Respect yourself and stay away. No bedside manners or manners in general whatsoever.
42 Years Experience
Mahatma Gandhi Memorial Medical College
Graduated in 1976
Dr. Santha L Kamineni accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- First Health PPO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Healthfirst NY HMO ABCD
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
Locations & DirectionsQueens Surgical And Ob/Gyn Pc, 10420 Queens Blvd Ste 1Y, Forest Hills, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Santha L Kamineni in this video.
Dr. Santha L Kamineni is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Forest Hills, NY.