Get the facts about bowel incontinence, including the causes and who is most at risk of developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- IBS Facts about Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Santhat Nivatvongs
Dr. Santhat Nivatvongs, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Rochester, MN, with other offices in Wabasha, MN and Rochester, MN (and 3 other locations). He has 49 years of experience. His specialties include General Surgery and Colon and Rectal Surgery. Dr. Nivatvongs is affiliated with St Marys Hospital - Rochester, Rochester Methodist Hospital and St. Mary`s Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Santhat Nivatvongs has the following 2 specialties
- General Surgery
A surgical specialist is a physician who has additional training in a specific area of surgery.
The American Board of Medical Specialties acknowledges the following surgical specialties: general surgery, thoracic and cardiac surgery, colon and rectal surgery, obstetrics and gynecological surgery, neurological surgery, ophthalmic surgery, oral and maxillofacial surgery, orthopedic surgery, otolaryngological surgery, pediatric surgery, plastic surgery, urological surgery, and vascular surgery.
Some procedures are performed by more than one type of specialist. Also, some surgeons may choose to specialize in specific procedures within their specialty area. For example, a plastic and maxillofacial surgeon may specialize in performing rhinoplasty procedures.
- Colon and Rectal Surgery
Colorectal surgeons are doctors who perform surgery in order to correct problems with the anus, rectum or colon. These physicians perform colonoscopies, and other diagnostic procedures, in order to identify any issues that require surgical intervention. They then determine what type of surgical procedure would be best. The specialists also care for these patients post-operation to ensure proper healing and recovery.
- Inflammatory Bowel Diseases (IBD)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 1
Dr. Nivatvongs is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
St Marys Hospital - Rochester
Rochester Methodist Hospital
St. Mary`s Hospital
Mayo Clinic Rochester Methodist Hospital
49 Years Experience
Graduated in 1964
Dr. Santhat Nivatvongs accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Santhat Nivatvongs in this video.
Dr. Santhat Nivatvongs is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Rochester, MN.