Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Santhosh G Ambika has the following 2 specialties
- Hematology & Oncology
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Bone Marrow Transplant
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Hepatitis C
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Hodgkin's Lymphoma
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
Showing 5 of 11
Dr Ambika has been treating me since 2013 ,he has always been understanding and shows empathy to the patient.He accommodated our requests and he's upfront and realistic about the condition of the patientHe has a wonderful manner and comprehensive knowledge. You can ask questions and he follows up on problems. He will work with you and for you!
In our experience, Dr Ambika lacked empathy and treated the patient more like machinery than a person. Although he carried out his patient's requests, he criticized them, and also downplayed or contradicted comments made by other doctors about the situation. He was very confident that the only valid opinion on the issue was his own.
University Of Arkansas For Medical Sciences
Dr. Santhosh G Ambika accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
Health Plan of Nevada
- Health Plan of NV HMO My HPN MIPLAN BIEN Northern NV Plan HMO
- Health Plan of NV HMO Northern NV
- Humana Choice POS
Prominence Health Plan
- Prominence N NV - HealthFirst HMO/POS Network Employer
- Prominence N NV - Premier HMO Employer
- Prominence N Nevada - Preferred Healthcare PPO Employer
- Sierra Health Northern Nevada PPO
- UHC Navigate POS
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Santhosh G Ambika is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Reno, NV.