Have you seen Dr. Santi D Rao?

This doctor did a cervical fusion on me and I had to go back into surgery because he sewed the drain in by mistake and could not pull it out, also I had some balance issues after the surgery. Dr Rao also did a spinal fusion on me and damaged the l5 distribution so I have numbness in my left leg from knee to foot and drop foot, also he only installed hardware on one side of the surgical site and other doctors have told me that was a no no and learned it from him but he did it I believe because of time there was a power outage at the hospital so he cut my care. Also after surgery you won't be able to find him, your GP will will get stuck with any fall out or care you might need. So I will just say choose very wisely before getting on the operating table.

Outstanding doctor. Highly skilled and he listens!

SIMPLY THE BEST!

SIMPLY THE BEST THERE IS!!! After an auto accident and a year of therapy, I was referred to a different surgeon to have Plasma Disc Decompression surgery. I later had some uncharacteristic complications from the PDD and my original surgeon ignored my complaints failing to give the care I needed. I later went to another orthopedic surgeon in Sacramento where I live and found I had symptoms of a spinal infection. He immediately called Dr. Rao on a Friday morning asking him if he could help my case since the referring surgeon did not practice surgery any longer and Dr. Rao agreed. Infact, he asked that I drive straight to his office and waited for me asside from having scheduled appointments. I arrived at his office after his normal business hours for a Friday but he and his staff waited for me regardless. After a quick evaluation of the MRI and bloodwork, Dr. Rao affirmed the previous diagnosis and concerned I had an infection in my spine. He immediately coordinated with John Muir hospital to see me right away and instructed me to see the emergency room and promised to return that evening after he finished his other scheduled appointments. That evening Dr. Rao arrived and confidently explained my situation and then waited until after 8PM that night to ensure I was admitted to a room in the hospital and arranged for an emergency biopsy to determine the proper care needed. He again arrived on his day off (Saturday) to perform the biopsy and when I woke up after the procedure, he was there to explain the next steps and further treatment. Once confirmed i had a serious spinal infection, he proceeded to recruit the best care and infectious disease doctors to help me with proper treatment. Dr. Rao genuinely provided great care and compassion for a difficult situation and was completely unselfish to his personal agenda to ensure I had the VERY BEST CARE! Dr. Rao visited me ever day (8 days) I spent in the hospital and walked me through every step of discovery and treatment. The entire time, Dr. Rao went out of his way to ensure I was improving and accomodated my schedule for follow up appointments. While I am not completely recovered, I am making great progress several months after my first visit with Dr Rao. If it were not for him and the care he gives his patience (genuinely concerned for their health), I may have become worse, become paralyzed and possibly not been able to reverse the infection which can cause death. Asside from the very best care available, Dr. Rao really brought peace to my concerns and allowed me to have confidence in my recovery while ensuring my comfort was attended to by all involved allowing the recovery as pleasant as it could be. I can't thank Dr. Rao enough for being the most genuine and skilled spinal surgeon he is. He is the old fashioned kind of doctor who loves what he does and clearly practices to help people.THANK YOU DR. RAO!

Wonderful surgeon, wonderful person.

Wonderful surgeon, wonderful person. Dr. Rao is a true healer.

Dr. Santi D Rao is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Concord, CA.