Dr. Santiago Zamora Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Santiago Zamora?

Posted on November 26th, 2012

Im calling because my daughter is having a reaccion to the medicine and the one on the phone she is just been rude with me. I don't think is the best way to treat a costumer, she is eating thanks to us!!!

Posted on May 26th, 2012

Dr. Refused insurance- even though it is one he accepts! Office staff acted as though we were trying to get out of paying a bill (not at all the case), they would not accept a valid insurance and would not see the patient unless he paid out of pocket. Dr. didn't treat the patient with any care or concern and simply dismissed the patient's concerns and reasons for the visit. When asked about not accepting the insurance I was told by the office staff that they have to get "money because sometimes they aren't paid in that area" (I assume meaning the area of southeast Austin). I found this to be highly insulting and unacceptable! I have never had such a bad experience where a DR. and his staff assume that a patient is basically there to "rip them off" before even seeing the patient!I would NOT ever rec. this Dr. to anyone if he has already made a judgment and has such prejudices against the people he is supposed to be helping.

Doctor's Response

We apoligize if you felt we treated you poorly. In regards to your insurance, we do take multiple insurances. If you brought in Humana or Aetna, we do not have a contract with them. Most of the staff has been here for multiple years and can coherently verify an insurance carrier and benefits. Unfortunately, all doctors office will stumble upon problems with collecting payments from the patient or the insurance. I think you misunderstood about getting payment in this area. We are centrally located in east austin. There is no discrimination in this area unless you are out of network or your insurance does not cover in Travis county. Some patients do confuse Dr. Santiago Zamora's office with the Zamora Medical Center, which is a completely separate office and they too have their own contracts with insurances. The doctor takes adequate time hearing the patients symptoms and concerns. In the consultation, the doctor takes the time to preform the check up, diagnose the patient and write out prescriptions for the specific symptoms, he does not just walk in and dismiss the patients primary reason(s) for coming in. We are here to help out the patients but we are not here have disruptive patients undermind the staff in their efficiency to provide insurance benefits. We only accept walk-in's for the convience of the patient and we are open later than most private practices. As far as allowing one or multiple people in with a patient, it is for the privacy of the patient we do not allow you to come in. If the doctor feels it is necessary for a patient to be accompanied in or if the patient consents to the doctor the spouse may join, the staff will call in the authorized person. If you have any questions on our policies please call 512-473-4180.

Great Doctor

Posted on April 19th, 2012

I have been a patient of Dr. Zamora's for over 30+ yrs. He has always been professional and courteous. I appreciate you do not have to make an appointment, he only takes walk ins, therefore I never have to wait to get medicine when I am sick. My children love Dr. Zamora as well!

Doctor's Response

Thank you! We love hearing from our loyal patients.

Posted on March 21st, 2012

Worst excuse for a doctor!! They do blood work on u and instead of them calling w/results they expect u to call them.They treat you like dirt and when asked as to why they never call with results, the doctor himself telling you he will only call you to tell you how much longer you've got to live. This comming from the very own horse's mouth is is very unprofesional, unethical and outright disrecpectfull to your patients!!!! so please don't waste your time or money and go somewhere else.

Doctor's Response

Santiago Zamora MD. is a very prominent, competent, and respectable doctor serving East Austin for close to 40 years. When a patient consults with the doctor, and he determines lab/blood work is necessary, it is the patients responsibility to call for the results unless there is an situation in which immediate action is necessary. I have had lab work done by specialist and their policy was the same. I needed to call a few days after, which I did, to get my results. At times when we are a little slower in the office, we do give the patients a courteous call to inform them on their lab results. Our policy by no means is here to insult or inconvenience you but since we only accept walk-ins, we do not schedule follow ups. Therefore, it is the patients responsibility to follow up with after care.

Specialist, Operational Services

Posted on April 13th, 2011

He is very good and helps when ever you need something and spends time talking with you to diagnose the problem. Very helpful.

Thank you!