Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Cystic Fibrosis Facts about cystic fibrosis, including the symptoms of the condition.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Santpal S Mavi has the following 2 specialties
- Pulmonary Disease
A pulmonologist is a physician who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions related to the lungs and respiratory tract.
These specialists are similar to critical care specialists in that their patients often require mechanical ventilation to assist their breathing.
Pulmonologists diagnose and treat patients with conditions such as asthma, cystic fibrosis, asbestosis, pulmonary fibrosis, lung cancer, COPD, and emphysema. Exposure and inhalation of certain toxic substances may also warrant the services of a pulmonologist.
Some of the tools and tests pulmonologists use to diagnose a patient are a stethoscope in order to listen for abnormal breathing sounds, chest X-rays, CT scans, blood tests, bronchoscopy, and polysomnography.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Angiographic Visualization
- Tuberculosis (TB)
- Chest Infection
Showing 5 of 7
I visited him for a second opinion. Unlike other doctors, he came right to the point and gave me the true and correct assessment of my case. He did not use flowery language or gave me false hopes. He discussed various treatment options, there advantages and disadvantages, and allowed me to make an informed choice. Unlike OSU, Cleveland and Mayo, where I had been, the doctors had a tendency of making my illness look as if it was nothing. They were very positive that within a few days I will be fine, but it never happened. However, on the first day, Dr. Mavi informed me that my treatment would be tricky and my chances of recovery were slim. I was not very happy with his blunt assessment, but after three months I realized that what he had informed me was accurate. I immediately changed my doctor and ever since have been with him. My condition has improved and I feel much better in his hands. His practice is not to generate money, but to provide the correct assessment and do the needful. He will never order a test just to bill you or your insurance. Every test he orders, he discusses the need for it and subsequently takes time to inform the patient about the results. If you walk into his office, don't expect him to give you hopes when there are none. I loved the way he handles families and talk to them. Very sincere person and highly knowledgeable.
I don't think this doctor should ever see another patient, his communication skills are the worst that I have ever experienced. His follow through is atrocious. I plan on firing him today and not following up with Holzer as a result of his pulmonary unspecialty. I am horrified at what has happened with his diagnosis and his follow up summary. He is as disconnected as they come. Stay away - if you have some lung disorder start with OSU or go to Mayo or Cleveland to start off with he can't even validate a blood test without having to send you there anyway. His staff is someone lacking as well they don't listen to requests to follow up with correct phone numbers etc. He talks way to fast, has way too thick of an accent and he needs to stick to some type of medicine where he doesn't consult with patients. He is also charging way too much to put everyone in the same box! I wouldn't have given no stars if that was possible!!!!
39 Years Experience
Medical College Of Georgia School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1979
Marshall University School Of Medicine
Dr. Santpal S Mavi accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica HMO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
Medical Mutual of Ohio
- MMOH SuperMed POS Select
- MMOH SuperMed PPO Plus
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Santpal S Mavi is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Point Pleasant, WV.