Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Saqib Z Syed MD
Dr. Saqib Z Syed, MD is a Doctor primarily located in San Antonio, TX, with other offices in San Antonio, TX and San Antonio, TX . He has 11 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine and Nephrology. He speaks English.
Dr. Saqib Z Syed has 3 locations
343 W Houston St Ste 609
San Antonio, TX 78205
11212 State Highway 151 Ste 105
San Antonio, TX 78251
Book Online Now
Dr. Saqib Z Syed has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
A nephrologist is a physician who is specially trained to diagnose and treat conditions affecting the kidneys or renal system.
A nephrologist will determine through urine analysis, blood test, X-ray, sonogram, or kidney biopsy how well the kidneys are functioning and will then prescribe a special diet and exercise program, medication or dialysis - a process by which a machine filters the blood when the kidney is no longer capable of doing so.
Dr. Saqib Z Syed has the following 18 expertise
- Kidney Dialysis (Renal Dialysis)
- Calcium Metabolism Disorders
- End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Kidney Stones (Kidney Calculi)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Kidney Transplant (Renal Transplant)
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
- Electrocardiography (EKG)
- Chronic Renal Disease
- Kidney Biopsy
- Acute Renal Failure (Acute Kidney Failure)
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
Dr. Saqib Z Syed is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
11 Years Experience
Universidad De Santiago De Chile
Graduated in 2007
University Of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center
Dr. Saqib Z Syed Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
More about Dr. Saqib Z Syed
Dr. Syed is one of the newest members of the South texas Renal Care Group team, joining in practice in 2015. He completed his fellowship in nephrology at Tulane University School of Medicine in New Orleans, Louisiana.
Locations & Directions
Dr. Saqib Z Syed is similar to the following 4 Doctors near San Antonio, TX.