Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Sara J Apsley-Ambriz
Dr. Sara J Apsley-Ambriz, DO is a Doctor primarily located in San Antonio, TX. She has 35 years of experience. Her specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Apsley-Ambriz is affiliated with St Lukes Baptist Hospital, CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Children's Hospital and Mission Trail Baptist Hospital. She speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. Sara J Apsley-Ambriz has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Sara J Apsley-Ambriz has the following 6 expertise
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 29
I was admitted into a hospital for surgery. This doctor was my new PCD. I told her I could not take non steroidal anti-inflammatory meds. She prescribed one, and told the nurses to tell me, it was an antibiotic. I developed a gastric bleed. I needed home health care, but she would not prescribe it. Instead, I had to be admitted, into a hospital daily, for two weeks, for IV antibiotics. The hospital called her, to tell her, they did not admit patients daily, for this purpose. She yelled and screamed, and refused to order the home health, covered by my insurance. So I was required to spend 8 hours a day being admitted and dismissed from a hospital. I was under the care of a gastro doc for four months, after receiving the med, I told her I could not take. She does not listen to her patients. When in the hospital, I told her I was very ill, and vomiting blood. She told me, nothing was wrong with me. She did not order lab. The surgeon ordered a CBC and Chem screen, and found my WBC's were 32,000. I would have died, had I gone home.
Dr. Apsley-Ambriz is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
35 Years Experience
University Of North Texas Health Science Center College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 1983
Dr. Sara J Apsley-Ambriz accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana National HMO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
Imagine Health - Innovative Health
- Imagine Health Innovative Health
Imagine Health - SmartCare
- Imagine Health SmartCare
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsDEZAVALA FAMILY PRACTICE, 4435 De Zavala Rd, San Antonio, TX
Dr. Sara J Apsley-Ambriz is similar to the following 4 Doctors near San Antonio, TX.