Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Sara M Bodner
Dr. Sara M Bodner, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Daytona Beach, FL, with another office in Miami, FL. She has 38 years of experience. Her specialties include Pathology, Anatomic Pathology, Pediatric Pathology, Psychiatry and Neurology. Dr. Bodner is affiliated with Hollywood Pavilion. She speaks English.
Dr. Sara M Bodner has the following 5 specialties
A pathologist is a physician who specializes in the causes and paths taken by different diseases in order to accurately diagnose an illness.
Pathologists diagnose and determine the characteristics of a disease through the study of biopsies of diseased tissue or of bodily fluids. For example, a pathologist will look at a biopsy of a skin lesion in order to diagnose or rule out skin cancer. A pathologist will also look at a Pap smear in order to check for a gynecological cancer like cancer of the uterus.
In addition to determining the cause and development of a disease, these specialists also study the changes a disease makes to a body and the consequences of those structural changes.
- Anatomic Pathology
- Pediatric Pathology
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Mood Disorders
- Anxiety Disorders
- Personality Disorder
- Mental Illness
- Bipolar Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
- Clinical Depression
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Dementia Related Behavioral Disorders
- Depressive Disorder
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 10
Dr. Bodner is NOT psychiatrist material. She hurt me, and was extremely irresponsible and uncaring. For three weeks in a row, I called her numerous times, and left a total of five messages. However, she never once called me back. I needed to talk to her about something very important, and needed her help. But, she never even bothered to call back. After feeling completely ignored and hurt by her total disregard, I could not trust her anymore, gave counting on her, and will never go back to her again. She never even cared enough to know what I wanted to tell her. Imagine if I were a patient who was contemplating suicide...
Dr. Bodner is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
38 Years Experience
Duke University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1980
Dr. Sara M Bodner accepts the following insurance providers.
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Sara M Bodner is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Daytona Beach, FL.