Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Sara M Calvert has the following 3 specialties
- Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
- Adolescent Medicine
Adolescent specialists are doctors who have advanced training in the health issues that adolescents face. These physicians deal with issues like the onset of puberty, reproductive health, eating disorders, irregular periods, mood changes, drugs and pressures from home and school. For girls entering adulthood, adolescent specialists can act as both pediatrician and gynecologist, so they only have to see one doctor for all their needs.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Substance Abuse
- Depressive Disorder
- Eating Disorders
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorders (PTSD)
- Anxiety Disorders
- Birth Control
- Autism (Autistic Disorder)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 4
Very superficial seemed to want to write a prescription without even talking
I am sorry to see this review, and would very much like to discuss your concerns in more detail, if you would be willing to reach out to me personally. I am always open to feedback, both positive and negative, from current and former patients and families, as it gives me an opportunity to improve myself as a psychiatrist and as a private practice owner. I am, however, sincerely surprised to hear this particular feedback about "wanting to write a prescription without even talking", as my initial evaluations of children are extremely comprehensive and thorough, involving 3 separate 1-hour sessions, with time spent with parents and children, separately and together, to review history and discuss treatment recommendations in detail. In addition, I always reach out to other involved professionals (therapists, teachers, guidance counselors) as part of any initial evaluation, and these collateral phone calls are made during additional (unbilled) time spent outside the 3 hours of family/child contact. However, I am not dismissing the possibility that patients and families do not feel comfortable with certain treatment recommendations and leave an evaluation feeling "unheard". Please know that I am always open to further discussion should you, or anyone, disagree or have a concern about a treatment recommendation. Please feel free to call me at (201) 262-0100 if you wish to discuss further. Regards, Sara Calvert, MD.
Dr Calvert is probably a fine Dr. She was just a bit rigid for me. I finally found a differerent Dr. when she refused to talk about switching some meds I didn't feel comfortable with because she had another, equally important, goal. I don't consider that working with a patient. Never smiled. Maybe it was mostly me, but we were never able to build a rapport.
11 Years Experience
University Of Pennsylvania School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2007
Dr. Sara M Calvert accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsSara M Calvert Md, 660 Kinderkamack Rd Ste 206, Oradell, NJ
Dr. Sara M Calvert is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Oradell, NJ.