Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Sara J Qazi has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Pediatric Diabetes
Showing 5 of 5
My two year old has a fear of going to the doctor. He crys and screams during the whole visit which is very stressful embarrassing and I just feel so badly for him. Dr. Husain shows very little sympathy and does very little to help cure my sons fear of going to the doctor. She usually just does what she had to do and then gets out of the room as quickly as she can. On our last ( and final) visit I was trying to get my son dresses so we could leave and he was crying because he had just gotten two shots. I was having a really hard time wrestling him to get him dressed because I was 8 1/2 months pregnant and the nurse comes in and tells us we have to leave because my son was being too loud. She escorted us out if the building with my son only wearing a diaper and it was December! I have never been so mad in my life!
My 7 year old daughter had gone to her for years for little more than shots and a cough here or there. A few years ago I had an incident where the doctor spent more time telling me about her kids than listening to me tell her about the reason i was there. She acted like she knew my daughter more than I do and blew off my daughters issues as being a "busy bee". After an unexpected visit to the ER with my daughter, it came to be that had the doctor actually listened to what I had said and done a simple standard test for these symptoms, then she would have caught the issue instead of causing my daughter to have further tests with specialists and facing possible surgery. All of this could have been avoided with a simple antibiotic. Very displeased and angry to be quite frank!!!!
Dr. Sara J Qazi accepts the following insurance providers.
- Health Alliance PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsAnn & Robert H. Lurie Childrens Hospital of Chicago, 225 E Chicago Ave, Chicago, IL
Dr. Sara J Qazi is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Chicago, IL.