Get the facts about lung cancer, including how many people get it and what increases your risk for developing it.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Head and Neck Cancer Facts about head and neck cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Lymphoma Lymphoma symptoms & the difference between Hodgkin's & Non-Hodgkin's.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Sara M Ohara
Dr. Sara M Ohara, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Cincinnati, OH. She has 30 years of experience. Her specialties include Nuclear Radiology, Diagnostic Radiology, Pediatric Radiology and Radiology. Dr. Ohara is affiliated with University Of Cincinnati Medical Center. She speaks English.
Dr. Sara M Ohara has the following 4 specialties
- Nuclear Radiology
- Diagnostic Radiology
Radiologists help doctors get a closer look at what’s happening inside your body. If your primary care doctor wants to investigate your symptoms further, they may refer you to a radiologist to get an ultrasound or x-ray. Some radiologists specialize in mammography and breast imaging, which is who you see when you need a mammogram. A Radiologist can also determine if bones are broken or fractured after any kind of accident.
Radiologists are trained to perform MRIs and CT scans, both of which are used to determine the presence of diseases or disorders and help your doctor properly diagnose you. They can detect anything from tumors, bleeding and infections to bone and muscle disorders.
- Pediatric Radiology
Pediatric radiologists specialize in using x-rays, MRIs, CT scans and ultrasounds to help provide the most accurate diagnosis to your child as possible. After they receive the image results, they work with your family physician or other specialist to give him or her a closer look at broken bones from an accident or recognize tumors, bleeding and infections that might be causing certain symptoms.
They focus on children as young as newborns and as old as teenagers and they have to be well-versed in the growth and development of children's bodies. This allows them to properly identify abnormalities at various ages and to work with your doctor on recommending the best treatment options.
A radiologist is a physician who specializes in the use of medical imaging to diagnose and treat illnesses or injuries in patients.
The different types of medical imaging are X-ray, computed tomography (CT) scans, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), ultrasound, and nuclear medicine.
Radiologists are experts in these different types of tests and can advise a primary care doctor on which test is most appropriate in a specific case. These doctors also assist primary care doctors in analyzing the images produced by these tests in order to determine next steps necessary for treatment.
Dr. Sara M Ohara is Board Certified in 3 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 1
Dr. Ohara is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
30 Years Experience
Georgetown University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1988
Dr. Sara M Ohara accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO