4 Ratings • 1 Comment

Have you seen Dr. Sara J Reinganum?

Felt a Warning needs to be out there.....

I have never felt the need to "warn" people about a Doctor, but I had a recurrent breast cancer and Dr. R was recommended as a good doctor. Now, I have seen a lot of Oncologists, have known many firsthand from my parents and my treatments and am very informed about my cancer. It's good that I am and that I am not scared of the "C" word, because this surgeon certainly wouldn't help in any way, shape or form. She is disorganized, has the bedside manner of a self-absorbed narcissist, and her front office person, Leah, has probably the WORST attitude I have ever seen, especially when you are dealing with diagnosis that in most cases can leave you scared and about to have body parts amputated or worse, cancer or it's treatments are going to possibly end your life. This receptionist actually told me that if I didn't have a co-pay WITH me to pay, then "we don't see people that can't pay their copay now." Wow. What happened to the "First do no harm?' Some people should not enter health care and they should be screened before working with human beings. As a surgeon, Dr. R is adequate; bilateral mastectomies aren't the easiest incisions, I know, but I personally am not happy with the butchered up job I received. I ended up with infections and sooner or later just made informed choices without her assistance, as any questions I had to ask, she would kind of glaze over and ask, "did you say something?" I really felt as if I were taking up her time. Lastly, I had breast surgery 12 years ago and if that surgeon were still practicing in this area, she would be my surgeon in a heartbeat, but she was not an option, unfortunately. I have waited 8 months before this review, to make sure that I had a good perspective after the fact and that my experience wasn't just heat of the moment, and to that I will say: I haven't HEARD from her office for any kind of followup now for the last 4 months. That says enough for you to weigh your own options.

Type 2 Diabetes

Dr. Sara J Reinganum is similar to the following 4 Doctors near San Leandro, CA.