Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Sara S Turse has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 21
The doctor was very thorough, caring and knowledgeable. She does not use the EHR system which is problematic for me as I have multiple health and see several doctors and need to be able to keep everyone informed; however, I could work with that. What I cannot work with is a rude, lazy, incompetent staff. It takes them 4 days to call in a prescription the doctor notates on the day of your visit. They don’t feel it’s necessary to include your phone number when sending out referrals to other doctors. Certainly don’t ask a question unless you want to be treated like a two year old. So disappointing because Dr. Turse is the type of doctor that we all look for but the last thing you need when you are ill is a bunch of attitude and nastiness. May want to look elsewhere.
I was able to make an appointment as a new patient but have since left 4 messages trying to get information on how to get my records sent to Dr. Turse. I have yet to have any of my phone calls returned. I'm a little surprised given all the good ratings on this site. I will update after my first appointment.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015, 2013)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2013)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
37 Years Experience
University Of South Florida College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1981
Dr. Sara S Turse accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsMedical Associates Of Brevard, 200 Michigan Ave Ste B, Melbourne, FL
Dr. Sara S Turse is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Melbourne, FL.