Get the facts about skin cancer, including the different types and symptoms.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Alopecia Alopecia facts; different types of hair loss & what can cause it.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Psoriasis Learn about the symptoms of different types of psoriasis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Sara K Ward has the following 1 specialty
A dermatologist is a doctor who has extensive training and knowledge of the skin, scalp, hair and nails and treats conditions that affect those areas. These doctors will evaluate any abnormality, blemish or lesion on the skin in order to determine the cause and will determine a course of treatment.
Dermatologists provide patients with full body scans in order to identify any signs that are indicative of an illness that requires treatment, such as skin cancer. These specialists may also provide cosmetic services, such as mole removal, scar diminishing treatments and even botox and face lifts.
Dr. Sara K Ward has the following 15 expertise
- Acne (Acne Vulgaris)
- Acne Rosacea
- Actinic Keratosis
- Skin Cancer
- Basal Cell
- Laser Hair Removal
- Skin Biopsy
Dr. Sara K Ward has 1 board certified specialty
Dr. Sara K Ward is Board Certified in 1 specialty
Showing 5 of 12
Aside from the long wait to actually get the appointment, my overall experience was excellent. I was brought from the wating room to the office on time and the actual check-up was not rushed at all. I'm sure there are plenty of great dermatologists in the Chicago area, but Dr. Ward is certainly among the best. As far as rates; they give a 25% discount if you pay on the spot which I did as I typically do not reach my $2500 deductible on my insurance. p.s. she did not remove anything for a biopsy this visit.
I was lucky enough to find a cancellation for an emergency visit. However, I was billed for tests that were not done, and for a diagnosis not received. The 15 minute visit cost $480 and all I know is that I had what looked like herpes simplex on my nose. She is very nice, but I wouldn't rate her medical skills on niceness. This was my not my first visit to her, but I think it was my last. Gold coast attitude with gold coast prices.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2017)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2014, 2017)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Ward is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
24 Years Experience
University Of Chicago Division Of The Biological Sciences The Pritzker School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1994
Dr. Sara K Ward accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Health and Life IL PPO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- Coventry IL PPO
- Coventry MO HMO POS
- Coventry PPO Platinum
- CoventryOne PPO Network
- First Health PPO
- Health Alliance PPO
- HealthLink PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National HMO
- Multiplan PPO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsNorthwestern Memorial Physicians Group, 1460 N Halsted St Ste 504, Chicago, IL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Sara K Ward in this video.
Dr. Sara K Ward is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Chicago, IL.