Your bladder is the hollow, muscular organ in your lower belly where urine is stored. When you urinate, the muscles of your bladder contract and push urine out through a tube called the urethra. Bladder cancer starts when cells in the bladder start to grow out of control. These cells can form into a bladder tumor. They can also spread outside your bladder to lymph nodes and to structures far from the bladder, like your bones, lungs or liver. This is known as metastasis.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Head and Neck Cancer Facts about head and neck cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Sarabjit S Purewal
Dr. Sarabjit S Purewal, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Bakersfield, CA. His specialties include Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery) and Vascular Surgery. Dr. Purewal is affiliated with Bakersfield Heart Hospital and San Joaquin Community Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Sarabjit S Purewal has the following 2 specialties
- Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery)
- Vascular Surgery
Vascular surgeons treat and manage disorders in your veins, arteries and your lymphatic system to ensure blood circulation in your heart and in brain is the best it can be. They're well-versed on how your vascular system works with the rest of your body and they can treat conditions that may cause blockages or buildup.
They can perform many of the same diagnostic testing as interventional radiologists can, such as angiography and MRIs. In addition to diagnosis, they provide critical care and treatment for aneurysms, artery blockages and trauma injuries that involve your veins. They can also help patients manage diabetes, blood pressure and cholesterol as well as treat artery disease. Treatment for more serious cases might include bypass surgery or surgery to remove plaque.
Dr. Sarabjit S Purewal has the following 5 expertise
- Varicose Veins
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Diabetes Complications
- Vascular Malformations
Dr. Sarabjit S Purewal is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 11
I felt upset, after such invasive action taken by Dr.purwal who was in such a huge hurry to recycle human beings through the icu; the most important part of judgement is the readings of the tee and that Dr.purwal told me without surgery that I would die soon. Come to find out the readings were overlooked I suppose because Purwal cutting then sawing my chest and prying it open that all the hard work could have been avoided. Only if Purwal took extra time to look at the findings of all the tests they did. He would have realized that I didnt need surgery. I have had brain surgery also but let me tell you cardiac surgery was the hardest think you could ever imagine to go through. It's do-able with extreme untreatable pain and uncomfortableness, after they basically drag you out of bed hurting you on accident of course but still hurting you thinking they are helping to get you oout of bed. Ive never felt so rushed as I did when I was in ICU under Purwals "care", After you get through all that which you will hopefully, then comes the depression of not being able to care for yourself ad having to depend on someone else to do everything and even then still you cannot hide from the sneezing, Coughs and natural thing such as going to the bathroom #1 hurts a bit, #2 hurts so bad i thought my chest was going to pop my heart out.
S PURWALL Surgeon could slow down a bit during visits. Things that are important, I felt rushed and could never get just at least another answer to my questions. He could be more thorough on the other side which is the office. After surgery at memorial they were trying way to early to send you out of ICU and send you home just as quick from a reg floor. Nurses at memorial were nort there to work they mostly just gossip. I almost went hours over my dose time. DO NOT DO SURGERY AT MEMORIAL.
Dr. Purewal is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Bronx Lebanon Hospital Center
Dr. Sarabjit S Purewal accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO