Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Sarah H Behel has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Mood Disorders
- Depressive Disorder
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Primary Headache Disorders
- Mental Illness
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Personality Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 13
She is a most compassionate human being. She cares about you as a human being and a patient. Unlike some other doctors, this is not a business for her. It is a way to help out people in their hardest time, recover, and stand up on their own. She understands pain. I am thankful for my lucky stars that I was referred to her.
In dealing with an abusive spouse, she used empathetic therapy which the patient reported included agreeing that it "takes two to tango." Anyone thinking of seeing her ought to investigate reflective therapy. Merely parroting back the patient's statements only seems to underscore, in the patient's mind, that violent actions are justifiable.
I have been with Dr. Behel for several years. When I first started I was in deep grief and in a a tremendous amount of personal pain. Now, I see her on an as needed basis. She promptly returns my calls and I've found it easy to get appointment times that work for me. She's a good listener and has a warm empathetic nature. When we discuss medications, I have gained trust and respect in her level of expertise. She keeps up with the latest reseach and data relavent to her field. She also networks with other Doctors which I think is a plus. She's truthful with me and has advocated on my behalf. As a Dr. she's a gem. As a person, I find her interesting, well-traveled, and a pleasure to be around.
Patients' Choice Award (2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
35 Years Experience
University Of Cincinnati College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1983
Oregon Health & Science University
Dr. Sarah H Behel accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsMary K Mccarthy Md, 2311 NW Northrup St Ste 201, Portland, OR
Dr. Sarah H Behel is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Portland, OR.