Get the facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Sarah Cheyette
Dr. Sarah Cheyette, MD is a Doctor primarily located in San Carlos, CA, with other offices in Redwood City, CA and Palo Alto, CA (and 1 other location). She has 23 years of experience. Her specialties include Child Neurology and Pediatrics. Dr. Cheyette is affiliated with Mills-Peninsula Health Services, Stanford Medical Center and Palo Alto Medical Foundation. Dr. Cheyette has received 2 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Sarah Cheyette has the following 2 specialties
- Child Neurology
Pediatric neurologists diagnose neurological conditions in children as young as newborn, all the way up to adolescence. They can recommend treatment for sleep disorders, head injuries and headaches, but they also specialize in issues such as epilepsy, seizures and brain tumors.
Their expertise in childhood development and the nervous system make them an excellent resource for parents of children with autism, cerebral palsy, mental development issues or learning disabilities. You can consult with a pediatric neurologist before, during and after diagnosis depending on your child's specific condition and needs.
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Sarah Cheyette is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 8
She should not be working with children. She was dismissive, rude, made unnecessary comments and stupid remarks, rolled her eyes when I asked that my child be excused for part of our discussion and clearly has no respect for people in general. She stared at her computer screen through most of my answers to her cursory questions, and when I explicitly stated, "you didn't even look at him" to observe something of clinical significance that is empirical, she didn't move a muscle to turn her head away from her computer screen. She wasted our time and simply defrauded our insurance company by collecting a fee for sitting with us and ignoring the developmental neurological concerns of a child. Her continued licensure should be investigated. I don't think doctors should be paid just to read their email. Office wait times, cleanliness, and appointment ease should not artificially inflate her ratings.
My son has ADHD as well as a pervasive developmental disorder. When a neurological problem required a specialist, my medical group referred me to Dr. Cheyette. Dr. Cheyette was very thorough in her examination and spent plenty of time with us. She ordered appropriate tests and paid close attention to the issues at hand. She also recognized issues relating to my son's medication that had also been concerns for my wife and me. Since ADHD is neurological in nature, we were able to use Dr Cheyette to take over the care formerly administered by a psychiatrist outside of my medical group.My son's treatment is now more effective and his medication is more appropriate. Since Dr. Cheyette is now part of PAMF, all medical care is within the same group for my son.
Castle Connolly America's Top Doctors (2013)
Castle Connolly America's Top Doctors® are specialists who are highly recommended by their peers and other healthcare professionals. The Castle Connolly research staff reviews both professional qualifications and professional reputation prior to Top Doctor status being awarded. This recognition identifies the top medical specialists throughout the country who possess a high level of medical skill and expertise. Castle Connolly America's Top Doctors® are specialists who are highly recommended by their peers and other healthcare professionals. The Castle Connolly research staff reviews both professional qualifications and professional reputation prior to Top Doctor status being awarded. This recognition identifies the top medical specialists throughout the country who possess a high level of medical skill and expertise.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors ()
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Dr. Cheyette is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Mills-Peninsula Health Services
Stanford Medical Center
Palo Alto Medical Foundation
San Mateo Medical Center
23 Years Experience
University Of California Los Angeles David Geffen School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1993
Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
Dr. Sarah Cheyette accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Sarah Cheyette is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Carlos, CA.