Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Sarah B Clarkson
Dr. Sarah B Clarkson, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Chesapeake, VA. She has 39 years of experience. Her specialties include Rheumatology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Clarkson is affiliated with Chesapeake Regional Medical Center and Sentara Norfolk General Hospital. She speaks English.
Dr. Sarah B Clarkson has the following 2 specialties
A rheumatologist is a physician who has received extensive training in diagnosing and treating rheumatic conditions. Rheumatic conditions involve the joints, soft tissues, autoimmune system, vascular system, and connective tissues.
Some of the conditions that rheumatologists treat are rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, gout, sarcoidosis, vasculitis, and lupus. These are all conditions that involve a lot of pain and make mobility difficult. Rheumatologists use medications, such as analgesics, NSAIDs, steroids, DMARDs, infliximab, and adalimumab, as well as occupational therapy, in order to decrease pain and improve a patient's quality of life.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Rheumatic Diseases
- Hip Osteoarthritis
Showing 5 of 11
My regular doctor (DENIO) left the practice I was switched to Clarkson. She never listened to me, was always rushed. Her response was always that is what I give all my patients. Tried to switch to another doctor but practice has a 2 year wait before you can you can switch. So, I had to find another practice (for 2 years). I had been with the center for arthrits for 20 years! I'm really disappointed but on the upside I like my new doctor.
I do not recommend this doctor. First time patient.She never looked at my records and notes from my intern.She knew nothing about my problem or history.In two ( 2 )visits she still had not know any prior history. Her staff that welcomed me was rude and "curt " and so was the Doctor. I will see someone else. She clearly is not able to handle the amount of patients she may have.
Dr. Clarkson is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
39 Years Experience
Medical University Of South Carolina College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1979
Rockefeller University Hospital
Dr. Sarah B Clarkson accepts the following insurance providers.
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry - Bon Secours Tier 2
- Coventry - Southside Tier 2
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- Coventry Virginia - HMO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Optima Health OptimaFit Direct HMO
- Optima Vantage HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsCenter For Arthritis Rheumatic Diseases, 816 Greenbrier Cir Ste A, Chesapeake, VA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Sarah B Clarkson in this video.
Dr. Sarah B Clarkson is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Chesapeake, VA.