Get the facts about contraceptive implants, including how they work, the benefits and risks, and what types of doctors implant them.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- Overactive Bladder Facts about overactive bladder (OAB): risk factors, symptoms & causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Sarah C Cox has the following 2 specialties
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Menstrual Pain
- Women's Health
- Breast Exam
- Pap Smear
- Birth Control
- Pelvic Exam
- Overactive Urinary Bladder
- Hot Flashes
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 47
I first saw Dr. Cox in the early 1990's when she was part of a larger practice. She split off to practice gynecology only and not deliver. I moved over to her practice then also. She spends a lot of time with you and answers any questions you may have. I have referred my elderly mother to her and now my teenage daughter sees her also. Dr. Cox is a great doctor! If I call into her assistant with a question I always receive a prompt call back.
The staff was super nice, very little wait time. Dr. Cox was amazing, so nice & she really took a lot of time to interview, exam & explain to me everything. I truly could not be more impressed. Dr. Cox made my annual Pap smear less uncomfortable.
Dr. Cox and her staff provide excellent care in an environment that feels more like visiting a friend's home than going to the doctor. Dr. Cox seems to have all the time in the world for you and explains what she is doing and why. She answers any questions directly and explains until you feel comfortable. Her staff is equally amazing. When searching for a primary care physician, they went above and beyond the call of duty in helping me identify someone who would be a good fit for my needs. The office prioritizes the patient and her care way before the paperwork and the business side of medicine, which sadly has become a rarity. I would recommend Dr. Cox and her staff without hesitation!
On-Time Doctor Award (2015, 2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2008, 2009, 2016, 2010)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2010, 2016, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
34 Years Experience
University Of Louisville School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1984
Dr. Sarah C Cox accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
Bluegrass Family Health
- Baptist Health Community Care Network
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana Louisville HMOx
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
SIHO Insurance Services
- SIHO Network
- Sagamore Plus
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsWygal & Cox Mds Llc, 4001 Kresge Way Ste 324, Louisville, KY
Dr. Sarah C Cox is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Louisville, KY.