Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Sara E Dougherty has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 6
I seen Dr. Dougherty a few times. The first few visits were general examines that went "ok". She was not very informative and wasn't very responsive to my questions or concerns. At that time I thought that I was just being overly concerned. In any case I went to see Dr. Dougherty a few ago for what felt like an ear infection and sinus issues. She said that I had allergies and prescribe Zyrtec. I though this was odd since I've never had any allergies and this was a very sudden onset. She brushed my concerns aside and when I asked her if there were anything I can do help with the allergies she did not provide any information asides from taking the pills. Which is ridiculous, if you google it, there are a number of things that you can do to help minimize your exposure to the allergen. Well, I tried taking Zyrtec and it didn't do a thing. I ended up going to a a clinic for a second opinion and it was not allergies but my sinuses. I was able to clear up my symptoms in a few days and the person from the clinic even called me up for a follow up to make sure that my condition was improving. I will never go back to Dr. Dougherty.
I would highly recommend Dr. Dougherty to anyone who is looking for a great Family Practice doctor. She was recommended to me by another doctor when I had to switch my medical group (I previously had UCD). I love Dr. Dougherty's attitude and professionalism. She's great with my twins as well as my baby (11 months old). I also put her down as my own doctor and have found her to be quick yet thorough in evaluations of all of us. She was able to answer all of my questions about my children's health as well as my own. I also appreciate how easy it is to get in to get an appointment and how nice her nurse is to my kiddos (especially when they can be a handful).
- Case Western Reserve University School Of Medicine
Uc Davis Medical Center
Dr. Sara E Dougherty accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsGreenhaven Family Medicine, 7420 Greenhaven Dr Ste 130, Sacramento, CA
Dr. Sara E Dougherty is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Sacramento, CA.