Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Get the facts about menorrhagia, including the causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Sarah E Smith MD
Dr. Sarah E Smith, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Greenville, NC. She has 21 years of experience. Her specialties include Obstetrics and Gynecology. She speaks English.
Dr. Sarah E Smith has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
An obstetrician & gynecologist, or OB/GYN, is a physician who cares for women throughout their pregnancies, straight through to the delivery of their baby (obstetrician). They also specialize in annual care, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the female reproductive system (gynecologist). Many physicians specialize in both of these fields in order to provide complete overall health services to women at every stage of life.
Dr. Sarah E Smith has the following 11 expertise
- Birth Control
- Pap Smear
- Child Birth
- Pelvic Exam
- Menstrual Pain
- Hot Flashes
- Women's Health
Dr. Sarah E Smith is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 3
Self-verified patient of Dr. Sarah E Smith - Posted on September 11th, 2012
I have been under Dr. Smith's care for several years. I have always found her to be straightforward, honest, and friendly. Recently, she performed surgery on me. Leading up to the surgery, she explained everything in detail, covering most of the over 20 questions I had about my procedure, and she patiently answered the few extra questions that I had. She also invited me to call and ask additional questions, and she would take time to discuss them with me over the phone. Her bedside manner in the hospital was even better. I found her warm and comforting without being overly so. She took time after surgery to explain things to my family and again to me and my family during rounds. My mom has had a lot of experience with physicians and specialists over the years through dealing with the care of lots of family members. She really liked Dr. Smith, her manner, and the level of detail she provided. It felt good to have my family trust and like my doctor too!
Not recommended to anybody
Self-verified patient of Dr. Sarah E Smith - Posted on December 14th, 2011
Self-verified patient of Dr. Sarah E Smith - Posted on September 3rd, 2011
21 Years Experience
Wake Forest University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1998
Lsu Health Sciences
Dr. Sarah E Smith Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS North Carolina
- BCBS NC Blue Value
- BCBS NC BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Carelink - Carolinas HealthCare System Tier 2
- First Health PPO
Locations & DirectionsECU PHYSICIANS, 600 Moye Blvd, Greenville, NC
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Sarah E Smith, MD - Obstetrics and Gynecology in Greenville, NC, in this video.
Dr. Sarah E Smith is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Greenville, NC.