Get the facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- High Cholesterol Facts about high cholesterol, including risk factors for getting it.
- Obesity Facts about obesity, including causes, risks & doctors who treat it.
- Pulmonary Embolism Facts about pulmonary embolism, including symptoms and risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Sarah K Gualano has the following 1 specialty
Cardiologists are doctors who specialize in the diagnosis, prevention and treatment of conditions related to the heart and blood vessels.
A patient may be referred to a cardiologist if he experiences symptoms like chest pains, shortness of breath, dizziness, or high blood pressure. The physician will then evaluate your symptoms, take your health and family history and your weight. The cardiologist may order additional diagnostic tests, such as an echocardiogram, X-ray or blood tests. If necessary, the cardiologist may also call for a cardiac catheterization - a procedure in which a small tube is inserted into or near the heart that can take pictures of the heart's activity, or relieve blockage.
Once determining whether there is a heart condition, a cardiologist will treat a patient through cholesterol management, cardiac rehabilitation, and fitness. If surgical intervention is required, like open-heart surgery, a cardiologist will make that determination, but a cardiothoracic surgeon will perform the procedure.
Dr. Sarah K Gualano has the following 10 expertise
- Chest Pain (Angina)
- Patent Foramen Ovale
- Heart Block
- Cardiovascular Disease
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Unstable Angina
Showing 5 of 5
Dr. Sarah Gualano is an awesome Doctor as well as human being. The care and time that was given to help me through some very much painful chest pains. Doctors in Victoria and Houston had given up on fixing the issues. After the stints they gave up. I had already been to 6 other heart doctors, 3 stress tests, 2 heart caths, 4 stints. Then I found Dr. Gualano through a friend of a friend of a friend. I called it divine intervention by God. God ochestrated my steps and I am blessed to have found her. I praise God for placing Dr. Gualano in my life. I would recomend her to anyone needing an awesome heart Dr. God bless
Bridges to Excellence: Cardiac Care Recognition Program
Cardiovascular disease refers to a number of very serious and costly conditions, including Ischemic Heart Disease (IHD). To encourage more effective treatment and management, BTE worked with cardiac care experts
Bridges to Excellence: Physician Office Systems Recognition Program
This program is designed to recognize practices that use information systems to enhance the quality of patient care. To obtain Recognition, practices must demonstrate that they have implemented systematic office
16 Years Experience
University Of Chicago Division Of The Biological Sciences The Pritzker School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2002
Dr. Sarah K Gualano accepts the following insurance providers.
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Locations & DirectionsUt Southwestern Medical Center, 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Sarah K Gualano in this video.
Dr. Sarah K Gualano is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Dallas, TX.