Dr. Sarah L Hathaway Is this you?

3.1

Have you seen Dr. Sarah L Hathaway?

DO NOT USE HER FROM YOUR PREGNANCY!! NOT ONLY DID I GET INDUCED 5 TIMES BUT WHEN I FINALLY WENT INTO LABOR IT WAS STILL 17 HOURS AND 7 HOURS OF PUSHING!!

I'm definitely looking for another PCP. I can't take it anymore, after being my PCP for almost 3+ years, I'm done. She's always in a hurry. I'm not done yet ony questions and concern and you'll see her ready to walk out the door. Waiting time is longer than the consultation.

Not a sympathetic doctor to integrative/alternative medicine

I've opted to leave Dr. Hathaway after 3 years because of 3 very basic but personally important reasons:1. Her approach is very symptomatic treatment rather than holistic. I have never been asked about underlying factors concerning my conditions, eg. stress, diet, sleep patterns, digestion nor my preference for treatment (medication vs. non-medicated approaches)2. I don't feel there's been a relationship established. After 3 years (2-3 visits/year) I don't feel I know my doctor and she doesn't know me at all. 3. She's one foot out the door. With set times slotted for each ailment/condition, there's no wiggle room for much other than a quick-looksy exam and writing a prescription.She is a nice doctor but very, very conventional and she does not seem to be interested in dealing with patients who are interested in or taking alternative medicines/complementary health approaches. At least, she has never welcomed these conversations with me. For e.g., after giving birth, I was experiencing hemorrhoid issues. I showed Dr. Hathaway a homeopathic hemorrhoid cream I was using and she looked at it, said she didn't know what it was (with her computer and internet access (?) right there)and then wrote me a prescription for cortisone cream. Even sitz baths prescribed by my midwife wouldn't have been mentioned if I hadn't mentioned it first. I want a relationship with my doctor and I want that person to be more broad-minded about health (even if they are less familiar with alternative medicine and holistic health practices). Just having a conversation with me about, say, nutrition, massage therapy or supplements I've been taking would be appreciated. It shows interest and investment in the patient.