Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Sarah L Jones has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Mental Illness
- Mood Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Sleep Disorders
- Personality Disorder
Showing 5 of 10
I spoke to Dr. Jones as it was the weekend and my regular Dr. Was unavailable at the time. Dr. Jones was the on call Dr. That day. I am bipolar and was in the midst of a very bad "mixed episode". I asked Dr. Jones is she could call me in a Rx for Xanax to help relieve my symptoms for a few days until I could get in to see my own Dr. Dr. Jones treated me like I was some drug seeking addict and questioned my intentions. Worst of all she got frustrated and hung the phone on me!
I've had mental health issues most of my life, and have bounced around between various doctors and nurse practitioners. Most didn't really seem to care or listen to my issues. Dr. Jones really gives me good information and follows up when I have issues. She's very open and supportive. I enjoy talking to her. She has a very calm demeanor which is pleasant. She's also been in the psych game for awhile, so she knows her stuff.
I have seen Dr. Jones for over 15 years, since one knows there is no cure for mental illness. Prior to Dr. Jones I was attending an area outpatient clinic in rural Iowa, where the psychiatrist were in constant turnover. Dr. Jones always has a friendly smile as does Mary. She stays up on the latest medications and research. My husband feels comfortable going to appointments and he agrees it is excellent care and follow up. It is the first rate team approach with the family physician and other specialists. Dr. Jones has gone beyond anything I had expected from a psychiatrist with being available, with being supportive, having the desire to approach issues in a team approach which lays a safety net for individuals and their families. She read the past file prior to our first contact, so I didn't feel like I was starting over yet again.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2011, 2013)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Top 10 Doctor - State (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
Patients' Choice Award (2011)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
41 Years Experience
University Of Nebraska College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1977
Dr. Sarah L Jones accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsPsychiatric Services Pc, 9239 W Center Rd Ste 211, Omaha, NE
Dr. Sarah L Jones is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Omaha, NE.