Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Sarah J Kottke has the following 3 specialties
- Geriatric Psychiatry
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Sleep Disorders
- Depressive Disorder
- Personality Disorder
- Mental Illness
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder
- Mood Disorders
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 5
I could not agree more wholeheartedly with another reviewer that found Dr. Kottke to be egotistical. My family member was placed in her care and unfortunately we as a family and the patient have suffered under her callous and "bothered" bedside manner. To be told repeatedly that your family member is "struggling" is a no brainer, or they wouldn't be in her care right? There was a very harsh militant demeanor in her communications. The end result was a medication regimen to not only irradicate the problems but also any resemblance of my family member's personality. Keeping her patients quiet and un-disruptive is much more important than any quality of life going forward. I would never want another family member or anyone that I care about to be under her care.
Sarah's clinical expertise is second-to-none. If every patient she had ever seen were forced to leave a review there would be a plethora of 5 stars. I highly recommend her and wouldn't dream of going anywhere else. Kudos to the doctors who truly entered their profession to make a difference and help others.
Dr. Kottke is a staff psychiatrist at United Hospital, arguably the best hospital in the twin cities or at least the best in Saint Paul. The providers at United are unsually competent and the services they offer generally very good: One can expect to be treated well and to receive excellent medical treatment at United. Unfortunately, Dr. Kottke - with only four years of experience, granted - is quite a different story: we found her approach to patients arch and condescending, her manner superior and offensive, her knowledge of her field sterotypical and narrow, and her professional judgment woefully biased and opinionated. Dr. Kottke seems so taken with herself that actually listening to a patient is simply a bother Thankfully, we needn't depend on her services, but extend this warning to potential patients - look elsewhere for competent, compassionate, helpful treatment.
13 Years Experience
University Of Minnesota Medical School
Graduated in 2005
Dr. Sarah J Kottke accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsUnited Hospital, 333 Smith Ave N, Saint Paul, MN
Dr. Sarah J Kottke is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Saint Paul, MN.