Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Sarah C Nelson
Dr. Sarah C Nelson, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Fort Worth, TX. She has 17 years of experience. Her specialties include Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism and Internal Medicine. Dr. Nelson is affiliated with Texas Health Harris Methodist Fort Worth and Memorial Hermann-Texas Medical Center. Dr. Nelson has received 1 award. She speaks English.
Dr. Sarah C Nelson has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Gland Issues
- Cushing Disease
- Weight Loss
- Addison Disease
- Diabetes, Type 2
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 28
Front office staff rude and unfriendly. I didn't see their pens sitting in a "flower pot", and when I asked the receptionist for a pen, she just pointed at the flower pot. I hate their way of making appointments - you have to call and leave a number, then they call back at their convenience, which may not be at my convenience. I am a teacher and only get to call doctor's offices on my conference period. Dr. Nelson is very nice and always answers my questions.
Dr. Nelson seems to have too narrow a focus, with only three things in mind that she was looking for. If you happen to have something other than that, I am doubtful she will be able to help you. Her communication is rushed, and she seems perturbed when you ask questions. It was only after prodding that I got any suggestions on what specialist I might see next to help with my problem. Three times she said to me, "That is outside the scope of what I'm seeing you for, and I would be overstepping my bounds to offer any suggestions." She really seems too scared to explore my health with me, and I plan to go elsewhere, which is too bad because the office staff was fabulous!!!
Dr. Nelson is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
17 Years Experience
University Of Texas Medical School At Houston
Graduated in 2001
University Of Texas Health Science Center
Dr. Sarah C Nelson accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsDiabetes And Endocrine Associates, 1325 Pennsylvania Ave Ste 560, Fort Worth, TX
Dr. Sarah C Nelson is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Fort Worth, TX.