Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Sarah E Stone has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Sarah E Stone has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Sarah E Stone has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 10
I was forced to find another doctor in a hurry, I found Dr. Stone, and found just as her name implied she had a heart of "STONE"! We disagreed about the new pain contract, as she wanted me to suffer and go without my Morphine or Percocet, if the Pharmacy did not have it in stock. Dr. Stone wanted me to wait until it was back in stock which could take as long as 3 days per the pharmacy, unless the pharmacy messed up, it could take as long as 7 days as per what they stated to my husband and me! The new pain contact is unethical (Sharp Rees-Stealy)! I was told by an outside physician, a few pharmacists and other people that if my pain medication (Morphine) was not taken when it should be taken; since I have been taking it for years, that if I went without it, it could cause MY DEATH as a result of abruptly stopping it! These types of medications must be weaned off not stopped cold turkey! This doctor clearly did not care for me and was being unreasonable, to want me to suffer, if the medication was out at the pharmacy. I told this Dr. S. Stone that I have had the problem before twice, where my Morphine was out at two pharmacies and I had ran into these issues! She still did not care and in my opinion this doctor with a heart of "Stone" does not have my best interest at heart! I definitely would NOT recommend Dr. Sarah Stone and I would NOT recommend Sharp Rees-Stealy. Who wants an uncaring heartless doctor, which does not care about them, the patient, if you live or die or suffer? I do not want a doctor like this and I let her know that I would have to find another doctor. I want a doctor who I can trust, who has my best interest at heart, who listens, who cares about me as a patient, who is not strictly a close minded Western Medicine doctor thinker! I want a doctor who can communicate well, who is not condescending, and who has a wonderful bedside manner! Dr. Stone is Not this type of doctor in which I want and which lacks as a caring doctor! Dr. Stone I DO NOT recommend! If I could put zero stars, I would have!
On-Time Doctor Award (2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
17 Years Experience
The Warren Alpert Medical School Of Brown University
Graduated in 2001
Dr. Sarah E Stone accepts the following insurance providers.
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- First Health PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Sarah E Stone is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Diego, CA.