Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Sarala S Ravikant has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
Dr. Sarala S Ravikant has the following 10 expertise
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Abdominal Pain
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Hepatitis C
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Celiac Disease
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
Dr. Sarala S Ravikant has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 1 of 10
I first saw Dr. Ravakant at Beaumont Hospital during a Crohn's flare up. She knew the correct amount of time to keep me on steroids to reduce the inflammation. Previous doctors always stopped steroids too soon and therefore, my condition would be better for awhile and then worsen once I was off steroids. Dr. Ravakant's approach was to keep me on steroids for a few months and then overlap the last part of the steroid treatment with Pentasa. It worked and I am now in remission! My previous doctor (who did not keep me on steroids long enough, kept insisting that I needed biologics. I was reluctant because of the horrible side affects of the drug in which many patients require hospitalization a few times per year due to infection. Other things I truly appreciate about Dr. Ravakant is that she takes the time to explain things and educate patients. She stays current on medical issues and is incredibly knowledgeable. My son also has Crohn's and his previous doctor also pushed us to start biologics. Dr. Ravakant was able to get his symptoms under control with steroids and Pentasa.
Dr. Ravikant is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
St Thomas Hospital
Dr. Sarala S Ravikant accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI Blue Care Network HMO Group Enrollees
- BCBS MI PPO Plans Group Enrollees
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- HAP Preferred PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth HMO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsSarala Ravikant MD PC, 38815 Dequindre Rd Ste 100, Troy, MI
Dr. Sarala S Ravikant is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Troy, MI.