Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Sarat A Bhumi
Dr. Sarat A Bhumi, MD is a Doctor primarily located in New Hyde Park, NY. He has 37 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiovascular Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Bhumi is affiliated with North Shore University Hospital and Jamaica Hospital Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Sarat A Bhumi has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Heart Diseases
- High Cholesterol
- Unstable Angina
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Block
- Heart Failure
- Heart Attack
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Blood Clot
Showing 4 of 4
Dr. Bhumi is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
37 Years Experience
University Of Health Sciences Antigua
Graduated in 1981
Dr. Sarat A Bhumi accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- Healthfirst NY HMO ABCD
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsQueens Nassau Cardiology, 1575 Hillside Ave Ste 103, New Hyde Park, NY
Dr. Sarat A Bhumi is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New Hyde Park, NY.